Moderation in the Cat Avatar thread

I certainly don’t call that threadshitting (I prefer “inappropriate litter box usage”) from any poster, let alone one with a longstanding history of joking about dogs. The lightheartedness in the posts was completely apparent. Even my cat understood that.

Done. I have fallen to the cute side of the Force.

Yes, thank you. It may surprise some of the feline advocates here to learn that, not only do I not have any animosity toward cats, at one time I used to harbor them myself. I can still recall when Orange Blossom would come running at the sound of the can opener, which he correctly guessed was likely opening a can of tuna’n’egg cat food, his favourite.

In fact, even Bernie, my Bernese Mountain Dog depicted in my avatar, had no particular problem with cats. On our walks, cats would sometimes cower behind bushes and hiss at him, and he just totally ignored them as if they weren’t even there. He went happily about his way, sniffing the world, and occasionally peeing on things to establish his territory. But cats meant nothing to him, one way or the other.
:dog:

Who’s a good boy? You’re a good boy! :dog:

ISWYDT :smiley:

Nice! Maybe you can lighten it up just a tad? I’ll bet if you give @wolfpup scritches he’d do it for you. (actually, it might just be my fading monitor.)

It wasn’t apparent to at least two of us. I haven’t been around in awhile. I was really turned off by how misogyny was handled here. But with a few exceptions, the board has greatly improved in that and other areas. I also really appreciate the job the newer mods are doing. So I started to feel comfortable posting again. I have my moments, but overall I try to keep my contributions positive. I know wolfpup is a decent guy, but given my casual reading of the board, how am I supposed to know “longstanding history”? I don’t think that should be a requirement for posting or having a complaint.

Although they did annoy me and I didn’t find them funny, I didn’t call the posts threadshitting. I did report them, and I’ve taken responsibility for that even though I didn’t have to. I’ve taken the shots at me. wolfpup, I’m sorry this has all gone completely off the rails and you were hurt by it. WOW, I didn’t expect it. It was only the posts, not you as a person. I hope you know I didn’t wish for all this to happen. I just wanted to read cat posts in a cat thread. That’s it.

I hope we can all move on peacefully now.

Better now?

It’s lighter now, but maybe too much? Or maybe needs more contrast or saturation to keep the details? Idk, I’m not any good with how to correct, just good at pointing out what’s wrong. :upside_down_face: I probably shouldn’t have said anything!

Speaking for myself, not Wolfpup, but I didn’t feel it went completely off the rails. I figured it was humans / dogs / cats doing what they do, miscommunicating due to our total lack of telepathy. Well, maybe KenobiKat has it, but the rest of us don’t.

Which is why I tried to put it in a funny manner upthread, where everyone was reacting in ways reasonable to themselves, but not getting their desires across. And I think you’ve gone above and beyond with the above in trying to clear up the communication issues.

May we all be gifted such grace IRL and going forward.

Now, back to cat memes!

https://media.makeameme.org/created/by-my-studies-2ct0t7.jpg

Just one final note, following all the posts and various IMs going back and forth.

Late one night, many years ago, I was driving home after working really late. Part of my drive was along a dim, poorly lit road. And I briefly saw something lying on the side of the road that appeared to be white-and-orange.

I really didn’t think anything more about it. But when I got home, Orange Blossom was nowhere to be found. It did not start to occur to me until later that what I had seen on the side of the road might have been my beloved cat. By the time I got up the courage to go out there and see, it was gone.

This dog writing to you now is a dog that has shed many tears over the loss of a pet cat.

But I still say: dogs are infinitely superior to cats in every way! :wink: :imp:
:dog:

Wonderful! Meow the Force be with you!

That a lighthearted little thread about kittycat avatars of all things results in someone losing their cool and flagging it for dog trespassing has got to be the most puzzling yet entertaining threads I’ve seen here in a long long time.

Cats giving fippity/skippity paps to dogs is always funny. Dogs giving skippity paps to cats is not.