Modern Family, March 2, 2011 -- "Two Monkeys and a Panda"

I can’t remember if this point has ever been made on the show, but I could see it being confusing for a man who’s a lawyer to introduce another man as his “partner”. It wouldn’t necessarily be clear that he meant his romantic partner rather than a colleague.

Hey, that is a very good point!

For some reason, this was the bit that was my favorite of the show as well.

Gloria’s throw-away line to the old couple in the mausoleum was also pretty funny—“Good luck getting somebody in your drawers…”

“Lily is a panda because she’s Asian.”

“Why are we monkeys?”

“Because I can draw monkeys.”

I think it would take Cam less than 10 seconds to clear up that misconception.

Exactly. :slight_smile:

You don’t think Mitchell takes every opportunity he can to avoid Cam’s predictable outbursts?

Stupid sitcom emotional tuggings. They had me teary eyed this time.

I loved Gloria’s outrage at the idea of being shoved in a drawer and the smooth way she got out of it.

I also loved Jay’s delight at his coffee can scheme.

The Phil story was too stereotypical. But Julie Bowen is somehow more attractive in this episode. Usually I find her to be too hard and angular, but something about her face was softer, physically I mean, not personality-wise.

ISTR an episode dealing with this exact issue - the one where Mitch is going to the millionaire’s house for a cocktail party/job interview. He’s reluctant to bring Cam along. It’s the one with the garage turntable if that rings a bell.

There was also the episode at Lily’s daycare where he was very reluctant to seem “too” gay (until the other gay dads came in and Cam went wild).

“I just stole another baby’s intellectual property.”

That intellectual property line still totally cracks me up!

I think maybe my favorite part was the very end, when Phil demonstrates he can be a sensitive husband and Claire demonstrates that she can’t.

She’s Asian.

And he looked so hurt. I’ll… go… make dinner.

Lily totally cracks me up everytime she’s on screen. She’s so calm, so serene… I don’t know where they found her but she is the perfect counter balance to all the nutso wackjobs that surround her. Hilarious!