Monthly Photo Competition #4 - March 2023 - "Water"

Imgur

Great stuff here.

I’m having the same issue as Edward, got the banner “Imgur The Magic of the Internet” on my photo when I tried to post it.

Imgur

Does mine come up at all or just a banner? From my end it shows the photo with a banner on top of it.

I see the photo with the banner.

And if I click on the photo it shows the complete picture without the banner.

I call this one “you had over 1000 photos with water in them, and you chose that?” :grinning:

This was taken in a country park somewhere in England. For reasons that I can only begin to guess at, someone had placed a mannequin in one of the ponds and dressed it as a diver.

[Breathtaking hypocrisy]
Can I just remind people to keep this thread to the actual entries, and put any discussion or chatter in the rolling discussion thread please?
[/Breathtaking hypocrisy]

The reason for this is that compiling a poll with 30-odd entries by hand is a fair amount of effort and I’m quite lazy, so I’ve written a script that runs through these competition threads and grabs the names of the posters for the poll. This works brilliantly if the only posts in the thread are entries, but if there are other, non-entry threads I have to do a bunch of manual cleaning up.

Watering the garden last summer.

The Two Bridges:
Imgur

Imgur

I took this photo of the Alberta Parliament and reflecting pool on its 100th anniversary. Photo taken with a Canon 60D with an EF-15-85mm lens on a Manfrotto tripod.

Cruising on Loch Ness in a converted barge, 2014.

Imgur

Puerto Rico, 2021

Somewhere around Greece?

https://i0.wp.com/charlie-young.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/botflqzarqg91.png?ssl=1

https://www.reddit.com/r/GreekMythology/comments/wkcp6o/charybdis_a_sea_monster_whose_inhalations_formed/

The Severn Bore. Click on photo for full image.

Google Photos

j

A foggy morning at Lake Samish, Washington. I’m a fan of B&W and this opportunity was begging for it.

Small lake, nothing special:

Imgur

Three birds
Imgur

Westbury Waters from Westbury Gardens on Long Island.

Imgur

Imgur