Monthly Photo Competition #7 - June 2023 - "Reflections"

I’m trying to work out if a shadow can be said to reflect off the water (or whether it is cast onto it). If there are no reflections in this image than at least it can be said I’m playing with the concept a little bit (maybe).

Imgur

A polished airplane propeller reflecting the surroundings:

Happy little accidents.
Imgur

Trumpets Hill Road is impassible. But in a good way.

Google Photos

Not a bad crop, but click for the full image.

j

Earth, sun, sky and lady with shopping cart

Alaskan glacier ice

Imgur

Imgur

One of the few (holiday) nights a year the Mario Cuo Tappan Zee Bridge is lit up RWB

Self portrait, taken in Leeds train station, UK. It was a photo of opportunity - I noticed my reflection in the the large windows that look down onto the platforms below. I like how we can see both the area where I’m standing and the tracks below, all at once.

Looks like Portage Lake.

I didn’t want to caption it that because I wasn’t 100% sure, but I think you’re right.

When I was a kid, the front of the glacier was in plain view.

Imgur

This is Messier M42, the Great Nebula in Orion. This is a reflection nebula. The bright spot in the middle is the Trapezium, a star-forming region. The stars here blew out the gas cloud into a bubble, then lit it up in reflected light.

Image taken with a Celestron 8" Edge telescope hooked up to a Canon 60d DSLR camera, on a CGEM tracking mount. The image was created from a stack of dozens of individual exposures.

Imgur

And that’s it for another month. Thanks everyone, the competition is now closed.

I’ll put the pool up in this thread as usual shortly.

Please vote for your three favourite photos, using whatever criteria you feel is best. All Dopers are welcome to vote - you don’t need to have submitted a photo. You cannot vote for your own photo. You get three votes (and the poll will make you use all of them).

The voting deadline is 9pm UK time on Monday 26th June.

• Railer13
  • pulykamell
  • Scougs
  • Biggirl
  • Lancia
  • Chefguy
  • Mean_Mr.Mustard
  • aurora_maire
  • WildaBeast
  • Twoflower
  • Pardel-Lux
  • zimaane