Moose are funnier than elk. Why? And by how much?

Moose look like marionettes on invisible strings. They walk funny compared to Elk. Elks, on the other hand, are just big sturdy looking deer. They don’t have that awkward movement and derpy faces which make moose so superior.

Your link doesn’t work, so I don’t know.

It’s more than just that, but you know what they say: Explaining humor is like dissecting a moose.

Bad link!

Trying again…

Moose vs Elk

“A-hem!”

Anyway, a Møøse once bit my sister. No really!

Moose are indeed funnier, but one can still talk about “Elk and their ilk”.

That wasn’t it. I just typed “moose vs elk” into Google and it automatically generated a chart comparing them that appeared above the search results on the Google page. I tried it with a few other things (like “butter vs margarine”), and it worked for them, too, though not for everything.

Ooh! I’m going to try “Marmite vs Vegemite” and see if it knows which one is superior!

ETA: Surprisingly, it didn’t do the comparison chart thingie with them. Oh well!

Moose and elk are both animals, so it can compare them. With Marmite and Vegemite, it isn’t sure if both, one, or neither are animal, vegetable, or mineral, so it opts to not compare them at all.

A moose runs around on the floor and eats cheese and is chased by the cats. The elks, on the other hand, live up in the hills, and in the spring they come down for their annual convention. It is very interesting to watch them come to the waterhole. And you should see them run when they find it is only a waterhole. What they’re looking for is an elk-a-hole.

More fodder for discussion: Elk may be good to eat, but chocolate mousse is better. There aren’t any elk books for children that come close to Thudwick the Big Hearted Moose. Plus moose rhymes with papoose and caboose and loose and goose - opening up all sorts of poetic opportunities. While elk just rhymes with milk and even then the spelling is all wrong.

Ogden Nash begs to differ:

You know, a specialty seafood restaurant might consider serving Elk ‘n’ Whelk.

According to humor writers, elk should be funnier, with that explosive “k”.

But it isn’t.

My man! I’ve loved that line for over 40 years.

God Damn it! Beat me by nine minutes.

I think it’s the nose.

An elk may kick or gore you, but at least it won’t drop hundreds of ping pong balls on your head.

We’re not sure either. Some are of the opinion that Marmite and Vegemite aren’t vegetable, animal, or mineral.

Could it be because elk don’t mate with statues?

Elk also don’t get stuck in swing sets.

Damn, they’re in Utah already! Better hide.

Definitely the ping pong balls. Plus, say the word “moose” ten times, fast. It’s a funny word. Even without a k. It’s goofy and funny. Plus Bullwinkle. Was that the first show to break down the fourth wall?

And now, here’s something we hope you’ll really like.

May I please point out one vital difference?

Neither an elk, nor anything of its ilk, is easily applied after a shampoo.