Morning drunkenness

No, not before work. On the weekends. This is the situation: I get home Friday from an exceedingly boring week at work, and crack open some fine Canadian beer. I spend most of my evening on SDMB and in SD chat. I end up falling asleep (passing out, really) on my couch. I wake up far too early, and there’s still beer in my fridge. So I drink it, mainly to get back to sleep. I have an important lesbian potluck to attend later, so I need my rest… :wink:

Tell me I’m not the only one… :smiley:

• s.e.

You are not the only one. I have an important lesbian potluck to attend later too. :smiley:

While I much prefer to find an, ummm, herbal remedy to this problem, I must admit that I have done it as well. seriously though, that thing about “fine” canadian beer was a joke right?:slight_smile:

A buzz before noon. Ahhh, the good old days.

I really consider it a rare treat when I can have a day to myself and start cooking or cleaning early in the day on a Saturday or Sunday and have a nice little buzz before noon. About two or three time a year is all I can manage though.

However, when I worked nights, those morning buzzes were pretty frequent (I was also MUCH younger). We knew all the early opening bars, with pool tables and classic old man bartenders.

Cheers!!

There was a period in my life where I almost always had a couple beers Sunday morning. On those rare occasions that I was feeling hung over, there’s nothing better.

(Aside to Jane D’oh!: Don’t hate me. I’m sorry. Soon!)

There was a time when I lived off the “hair of the dog.” Not just for relief, but for fun too.

Those were the days… !

:smiley:

I wasn’t feeling hung over… I just woke up still buzzed. So I had some more, took a long nap, and now I’m still buzzed. Now, I have to go to this lesbian potluck. I really hope I can deal with being sociable… :wink:

• s.e.

I’m drunk right now. But, isnt that the best. when you wake up, and instead of ung over, your still feelin drunk?? Happwns to me spmetimes.

Back in the pre-clinical days, my class would traditionally gather after tests at The Wheel, which isn’t so much a bar as it is a liquor store with a pool table and whose primary customers stop in a few times a day for a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20.

Later in first year, as the classes got easier and the tests shorter, we often found ourselves finished before they opened at 10:00. The result would be a crowd of medical students milling about outside, waiting for the bar to open. The comedy of the situation wasn’t lost on us.

I was seriously buzzed by noon on Match Day, but that’s only because I organized it, so I was there early. Most people were hammered by 1:00, though.

Those exceptions aside, I was never a morning drinker. Most of my episodes of AM drunkenness have been residual drunkenness from the night before.

Dr. J

I have always found that beer makes a great breakfast. Of coarse I work nights so I often find myself explaining to people why I am drunk at nine in the morning (I don’t get off work until 5a.m.) But even when I go to bed after work I often wake up and have a beer immediatly after I take my shower. :smiley:

Once woke up still massively drunk…on the day of a fencing meet. Sobering up slowly to the sight of three feet of steel striking at your chest is no fun. Especially when you’re too drunk to ward it off.

Fortunately, I was sober by the second round.

I’m notorious for waking up drunk the next morning

But the odd thing is if I dont go to sleep I’ll eventually sober up faster than if I did

You just gotta love it, I do it all the time!

I think I’ll do it tomorrow morning and see how it feels. Thanks for the great idea!

OK, I’ll bite. What the hell is a lesbian potluck, and why is it so important?

And why do you keep winking after you say it? Do you have a tick?

And if it’s fun, how do I get invited? So many questions…

As an old guy, a grandparent, a parent, and as a recovering alcoholic: Don’t let alcohol get the best of you—please.

For some reason I do not get hangovers, I have REALLY REALLY deserved them before and for the life of me I don’t know what happens to them, where they go or what they do. I hope someone gives them a good home, but it does not keep me up at nights. As for morning afters I hardly ever start drinking before noon, but it is not unusual for me to wake up and be drunk from last nights whiskey untill well past noon 3 times a week. It makes me feel giddy. On occasion though (nights that end around 6 and days that start at 7) I am so drunk the whole next day that I may as well have killed a 1/5th for breakfast.

There are people who actually enjoy waking up drunk? shudder It’s one of the least pleasant experiences I’ve ever had…

It was actually just a potluck hosted by a lesbian friend of mine. The “lesbian potluck” thing is an inside reference to two horrible experiences I (well, we all) had at events hosted by said friend and her psycho, anal-retentive ex-girlfriend. I’ll get into it later if you want on MPSIMS…

Note to self: never, ever get stoned at a lesbian potluck again!

• s.e.

scott: there’s already a thread in MPSIMS for you, though you may have to dig back a day or two.