Most obscene/profane/offensive band names?

Pearl Jam is named for basketball player Earl “The Pearl” Monroe… they picked the name after their fist choice (Mookie Blaylock, another basketball player) was rejected. They called their first album Ten - Blaylock’s jersey number.

From the town that brought you Nellie Furtato (sp? ahh who cares)…
Smelly Fur Taco

and a couple of other of note:
The Armageddon Dildos
Scroat Belly

Crucifucks!

I can just say that all day … Crucifucks! Crucifucks! Crucifucks!

b]Scraping Foetus Off the Wheel**?

Forgiven… you should see me when I use my laptop. It has the habit of throwing the cursor any old place.

I’ve never actually heard Jesus Crust, only heard of them. The same guy who informed me about Anal Cunt and Cannibal Corpse was also a huge Pungent Stench fan. Not an especially offensive name but just kind of gross if you think about it.

I’ve never heard of the Meat Shits though. Meat Men, Meat Puppets, Red Red Meat - no Meat Shits.

My vote goes to Sleazy Jesus and the Splatter Pigs

Chris W

I opened the thread to post Anal Cunt. Figures it’s in the OP.

Tom Araya from Slayer has a younger brother in a band called Bloodcome

Outside those that mention the unmentionables: I would say The dead Kennedy’s.

Really?! I feel better now (not that I was losing sleep over it). I’d heard a rumor that pearl jam is street lingo (somewhere) for semen.

I heard that Throbbing Gristle chose their name because it was the most embarrassing thing they could think of to ask for at a record store.

Cite?

I’ve always heard that pearl jam was a euphamism for semen.

Leave it to me to use the word “semen” in my 500th post.
w00t.

I just have to mention that Lisa-go-Blind’s suggestion and signature fit together so well.
I heard a band in college called Lickspittle. Also, there was a band called Kock Knockers that used to come around.

My fave at the moment is Pickled Dick. I quite like their music as well.

It doesn’t really compare to these but I’ll never forget when I was a teenager and I didn’t know what the name of the band Circle Jerks meant and I said it in front of my dad. Whoops.

I love that. Great album. They also put out an album under the name “Foetus, Inc.”

RE: Pearl Jam- The story I heard (she says in a gossipy tone) was that Vedder’s grandmother was named Pearl and she made a special homemade jam that was popular in his family.

But “pearl” is also slang for sperm, at least according to ZZ Top.

I’m pretty sure Pearl Jam has purposely spread all these stories and more about the origin of their name.

There’s an old Goth band that went by the name of Creaming Jesus. I guess Christian Death would be mildly offensive as well.

Actually, Foetus is the brainchild of one Jim Thirlwell, an Aussie ex-pat living in the UK. There’ve been several incarnations: the above mentioned Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel, You’ve Got Foetus On Your Breath, Foetus Interruptus, Foetus Uber Alles and probably a lot more that I don’t know about. If anybody’s interested in highly eclectic industrial art-music I highly recommend any of his albums, especially Nail, Hole or Thaw.

Absolutely. Also, check out Steroid Maximus (band name, not the album name), another Thirlwell project. Jazzy, spooky, industrial instrumentals.

And Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel was exactly who I thought of when I opened this thread!