Best Band Names (Be Creative)

I always thought if I started a punk rock band I’d call it, “Dead Babies in Limbo”.
This came to me several years ago while talking to a (not particularly devout) Catholic friend. He was explaining the need to get my baby baptized ASAP, and the idea just popped into my head and rolled right out of my mouth. I was shocked that he didn’t laugh. He quit talking to me for about a week. I guess I should have been more sensitive to his beliefs.
Anyway, I wonder if anyone can come up with better new band names. (The Butthole Surfers has already been taken ).

how about

Suddenly Bowlegged [you know, like after a particularly rigorous elevator ride or…]
Jaba’s Pleasure Barge [i sang in that band once]
PillowPhat

OfficeGirl’s Cubicle Farm

“Argue for your limitations; sure enough, they’re yours.”

My friend in high school came up with the name “Soggy Waffle” which has such a hilarious ring to it. I designed a great drumskin if anyone wants to take on the name, lol!

I’m not going to give you the names that my husband likes…he’s a musician, and doesn’t want anyone stealing his ideas. :wink:

The name of his current band, though, is the Tragodelics (prnounced traJodelics), spun from his stage name. I think it’s goofy as all get out…but the people seem to like it. Go figure.

I always thought Sober Hippie would be a good name.

I was going to call my all girl band TSS. You know, Toxic Shock Syndrome. Never could get anyone to rock out with me and my flute though. I wonder why? Tull does it!

There’s a t-shirt shop out there somewhere called “Screaming Squeegee”. Too bad they got to it first. . .

Being a physicist, I always wanted to see a band called “Top Quark”.
– Sylence

“The problem with reality is the lack of background music.” – Anon

“Thalidomide Baby Offspring”

“Brithael Bites”

“The Phone Police” (Think Dr. Johnny Fever would ever air one of their singles?)

“Cicada’s Elm” (Think about it)

Illuminati
The Quiescently Frozen Dairy Confections
G-dzilla
The Butt Spiders
The Ramseys
The Impacted Gerbils
Primae Noctis
Otzi’s Missing Parts
Gry
The Corncobs
Kamikaze Pilot Helmets
Monty Hall’s Third Door
The Creationists

Gilligan, I just choked on my Coke. Those are GREAT! :smiley:

“Exploding Whales”
– Sylence

“The problem with reality is the lack of background music.” – Anon

Pontious Pilate and the Nail Driving Five

Don’t let the loveless ones sell you a world wrapped in grey.

Glass Ashtray

I don’t know why, but it works for me for some reason. Also, my friend once cut a demo tape and we both decided an excellent name for his first album would be Taunting the Blind Raccoon – Don’t ask.

“I guess it is possible for one person to make a difference, although most of the time they probably shouldn’t.”

Inspired by an all-too-frequently aired radio commercial for Glaxxo-Welcome (Or is it Glaxo-Wellcome? Or it is … never mind), a listener told one of the KDKB morning show hosts that he was going to name his band “Gina’s Herpes.”

Pulsating Kiwis. (Or maybe mangos, or kumquats, or some other fruit with a funny name.)

I’ve always thought styrofoam would be a great name for a shoe-gazing-type indie rock haircut band.

Best band name already taken: Kathleen Turner Overdrive!!

Yer pal,
Satan

Spy on the Fire was one I came up with back in the Eighties, and it has a very Eighties feel to it too.

I think names that are too weird just sound deliberate. And therefore unimaginative.

And I’ve often wondered if a band rises to the op with a name, and fifty garage bands all go “Damn, they stole our name, the lousy bastards grumble grumble” And now they have to change it to something else. After all, there are no copyrights on Band/Song/Album titles.

Dave Diamond and the blunt instruments

I’m partial to:

a) ‘Them’

b) ‘Those Guys’

and, my personal favourite:

c) ’ ’

‘They couldn’t hit an Elephant from this dist…!’

Last words of General John Sedgwick

Well, the bands at my school have names like:

Pepperstomp

Pizza and Beer (i think it has been changed to “BrownStuhl” - think about how that sounds for a bit :))

And the punk band goes by the name of Ethyl 80.

Creative? You be the judge (I rather like those names)