Movies or books that would be named differently in today's PC world

After hearing the word “salesperson” on the radio this morning I was thinking that Arthur Miller’s great “Death of a Salesman” would probably have to be called “Death of a Salesperson” if it was written today.

Then I thought another example might be “African-American, like Me.”

Any other examples?

I have The Godparent trilogy on DVD.

And I much enjoyed Edward G. Robinson in Vertically Challenged Caesar. I think his final words in the movie are ‘Parents of mercy, is this the end of Rico?’

The Story of Little Babaji

“Twelve Angry Men” => “Twelve Men, Women, Gays, Lesbians, and/or Transgendered”

There’s absolutely no way you’d be able to use The Nigger of the Narcissus.
Agatha Christie actually had to deal with this. Her Ten Little Nigger Boys got changed to Ten Little Indians. But nowadays even that would raise eyebrows. I note that copies of the book (and movie adaptations) invariably use the third title …And Then There Were None.

DAMMIT, of course I meant “Twelve *Angry *Men, Women, Gays, Lesbians, and/or Transgendered.” I thought it didn’t look right.

The Good, The Behaviourly Challenged and The Plain.

Dr. Differentlyaroused or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Several productions of Twelve Angry Jurors have been staged in recent years.

This film would perhaps be rebadged as The Roma Moths, but would probably lose the ethnic terminology altogether and end up as something like The Specimens of Lymantria dispar.

Ages ago, when dinosaurs ruled the earth and I was an undergrad, someone put on a prooduction of Taming of the Shrew with the sexes reversed. This was pretty neat – instead of Cat/Kate jokes they made Petrucchio/Peter jokes, and suchlike. Obviouly they couldn’t call it “Taming of the Shrew”, but for the life of me I can’t recall what they did call it.

Right now, my son and I are enjoying reading “The Really, Really, Really, Really Dark Stallion.”

We just finished Louisa May Alcott’s classics “Prepubescent Females” and “Prepubescent Males.”

Was it Atomic Shakespeare as performed by the cast and crew of Moonlighting? (I would’ve linked to the IMDB page for that ep, but the pics on this one are better.)

I loved this episode. This production ruined all other renditions of Taming of the Shrew until Ten Things I Hate About You rolled around.

This thread is reminding me of Stan Freberg’s masterful “Elderly Man River,” in which a politically-correct censor butts in with corrections during the singing of “Old Man River.”

These days it would have to be “Elderly Person River,” of course.

Smoky and the Bandit => Smoke-Free and the Redistributor of Wealth

I can imagine Charles Dickens’s “A Winter Holiday Carol,” featuring Little Person Tim saying “Higher Power of your choice bless us, every one.”

Not necessarily impossible.

Which, I have to say, having read it many, many times to my children, is an **excellent ** retelling of Little Black Sambo. It keeps the story intact, only changing the names of the characters.

That classic Disney Sci-Fi flick… The African-American Hole

Several comic-inspired films, such as Superperson, Batperson, Xpersons, and Darefiend.

The World of Henry Asia