Movies that shocked you that close friends haven't seen.

Tucker-Babe didn’t see [the original] “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” until its 20th or so Christmas.

I saw “Smokey and the Bandit” for the first time this past week.

Movies that shocked you that close friends haven’t seen

I take it you mean:

Movies that, to your shock, close friends haven’t seen

rather than

Movies that shocked you, and that close friends haven’t seen.

I’m not shockable, either by a movie or by the fact that somebody hasn’t seen a movie. (It’s amazing, astounding really, how the word “shocked” has been devalued so that it means “mildly surprised”. That really blows me away; can’t get my head around it.)

However, I was suprised to find that my girlfriend, born in the '50s, had somehow never seen Planet of the Apes, and honestly didn’t know how it ended. For almost four decades, nobody spoiled that movie for her. So I took that as an excuse to go out and buy the movie (I think that’s when the 35th Anniversary Edition came out) and we watched it. At the end I asked her, “Baby, did that just blow your mind?” She said, “No, not really.”

I used this thread to update my Netflix. And no, I’m not going to admit which ones I hadn’t seen.

**ZipperJJ **- I thought that when <shhhh!> *the authorities *found out one had not viewed **A Christmas Story **one would be taken to a reeducation camp and forced to watch the TBS 24 hour loop Clockwork Orange-style until firmly soaked in the cinema experience…

Was she mildly surprised?

I haven’t seen The Great Escape either, or Spartacus, or The Sting.

Or The Wizard of Oz. I avoided it because I grew up with all the books and don’t want to ruin what I see in my head. And the stills I’ve seen just look garish.

Funny. I have a 40 yo friend of mine who has never seen Clockwork Orange. She says it is because it is too horrible. :confused: How do you know it is horrible if you’ve never seen it???

Don’t believe the hype. It is one of my faves. I own the American version of the book, with the extra chapter at the end.
I try to be very exposed ::ahem:: to as many movies as I can, but neither myself nor the aforementioned friend have ever seen E.T. - It is more of a personal ban rather than lack of awareness.