Movies you wish had a sequel (but didn't)

Since so many movies have sequels (and many of the sequels sucking) I thought it would be interesting to talk about movies that did not have a sequel but should have.

I’ll start it off with my pick: Valley Girl.

If Julies friends gave her grief the first time she dated Randy, can you imagine the shitstorm they cause now that she’s hooked up with him again? Especially since she helped ruin their prom to do it.

And I’d love to hear the conversation between her and Randy about how cold around the heart she was when she dumped him to go back with Tommy.

And speaking of Tommy; what was with that reservation at the Hollywood Sheraton? Did Tommy Boy think he was going to score? And seeing it was Julie and Randy that went instead, did Randy score?

Alright. Your turn.

It was the Valley Sheraton.:smack:

Witness II: Revenge of the Amish
Walking Off That Creme Brûlée with Andre

On a more serious note, I would suggest that a sequel to When Harry Met Sally might have been good. We know the characters and their funny quirks, now let’s see how that plays out within the commitment of marriage. Might be interesting to hunorously yet intelligently explore themes of expectation, disappointment, and aging as a couple.

I’d love to see a few more films in the “Joe vs the” series.

I wish The Golden Compass had made enough to warrant sequels because I’d love to see a children’s movie with gay angels and an insane God.

When I was a kid I was super gung ho about Star Wars 7-9 but now that it’s happening I’m a bit wary.

Not strictly sequels, but I’d like to see a few more Tom Robbins novels adapted for the screen.

I wouldn’t mind an Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

Serenity definitely needs to be a trilogy.

More of a DVD TV movie thing but I’d like to see a few more installments of DS9 and Stargate Universe.

I know it was a gag but that’s no reason not to make History of the World part II.

Streets of Fire was intended to be the first part of a trilogy that never came to be.

Woe that it was not so.

Buckaroo Bonzai will return in Buckaroo Banzai Against The World Crime League

I wanted a Return of the Jedi Sequel. My prayers were unfortunately answered.

The Rocketeer
Sahara
Galaxy Quest
The Incredibles

I would like to see a sequel to Blade Runner that isn’t about any of the major characters from that movie. I know that Soldier with Kurt Russell is supposed to be set in the same universe, but it wasn’t really what I was looking for.

Way ahead of you.

Ferris Beuller’s Day Off From Work - Presidential Crises!

The youngest US president ever decides to not go in to work one day. The rest of the world learns a valuable lesson: “Life moves pretty fast …”

Other Waldo Pepper – hilarious! Even better than my idea.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit — they apparently wanted to do this, but it’s hard to get the various squabbling parties to agree. There was a follow-up comic, not to mention the three Roger Rabbit theatrical shorts (anything that gives us more Roger, and especially more Jessica, is welcome), but another movie coulda been good.

I was so disappointed they never had a sequel to Breakin’.

I’d like to see them do a sequel to John Carter, but it ain’t gonna happen. Too bad.
I loved Nicholas Meyer’s TV movie Judge Dee and the Monastery Murders, which introduced me to Robert H. van Gulik’s series of mysteries basede upon the very real Djien-djieh Dee. He was trying to get it made as a series, but the networks balked, possibly at the cost of recreating T’ang dynasty China every week, or maybe because they didn’t think Americans would go for a series with only Chinese characters*. They compromised and cast the lead in a detective series set in modern-day San Francisco, called Chang!. That’s like making a TV series out of Gone With The Wind and setting it in present-day Georgia.

I heard that Paul Veerhoeven was going to adapt Dee for the big screen, but I was either mistaken, or he changed his mind.

There was a Chinese Dee movie about a year or two ago, but it was a martial arts wirework epic. That’;s like really wanting to see Spielberg’s Lincoln, but your spouse rents Abraham Lincoln – Vampire Hunter instead.
I want more Dee, dammit! The real thing.

*Although, ironically, the only cast member not of Asian ancestry was the guy playing Dee himself, Khigh Dhiegh (Real name: Kennetrh Dickerson, whose initials were phonetically spelled). The British had a six-episode Dee series in the 1960s, so it lasted longer there, but most, if not all, roles were played by non-Asians like Timothy Dalton.

The obligatory ‘I wish that Highlander had a sequel.’ post.

The Warriors… come out and plaaaaaaaaaaay!

You’re referring, of course, to the Georgia bordered by Russia?

I’ve always wanted to do a version of Midnight Train to Georgia, sung with a Russian accent and accompanied by balalaika.

[/end of hijack]

I’m on board with The Warriors too. I always wondered if Swan really did just take off, or if stuck around Coney and led the boys in more bops.

Of course, I like to image the actors in other roles are playing out the sequel. So in my world, Swan went on to be a roller-skating pussy who fell in love with Olivia Newton-John, and after Ajax (real name: Ganz) got out of juvi, he moved to San Francisco to fuck with Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte.