Music about Sealife

Jonathan Coulton I Crush Everything (about a giant squid).

(And Furry Old Lobster. About a furry old lobster.)

Mack the Knife

Yo La Tengo: The Sounds of the Sounds of Science, although its entirely instrumental, being the score to several short documentary films about sea life.

Neko Case’s “People Got A Lotta Nerve” has a verse about killer whales.

Elton’s Grey Seal may of may not be, depending on how you interpret lyrics that even Bernie has a hard time explaining.

I’m Gonna Eat You Little Fishies from Red Dwarf

Fish Heads.

dumdum…dumdumdumdum dumdumdumdum… Jaws!

Ween - The Mollusk(Album and title track, and really…almost every other song on the album as well!)

A few Jonathan Coulton goodies:

I Crush Everything – about a lonely giant squid who inadvertently crushes everything it loves
Furry Old Lobster – the lesser-known of the species
Seahorse – doomed hippocampus romance

Ween - The Mollusk

Ween - Mutilated Lips

Gorillaz - Superfast Jellyfish.

Frank Zappa: This Town Is A Sealed Tuna Sandwich;

A song about dead sealife.
Country Joe And The Fish: Happiness Is A Porpoise Mouth, an obvious single-entendre, about sealife in name only.

Another Country Joe tune–Save The Whales

Santana Lopez: Trouty Mouth

Debussy - “Poissons d’Or” (“Goldfish”) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlKGEU0zLSE&feature=related

Schubert’s “Trout” quintet is named that because one movement uses the melody from his song, “The Trout” (“Die Forelle”), performed by the great Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau (with subtitles) Schubert: "Die Forelle" (Fischer-Dieskau, Moore) - YouTube

related: his “Die Fischerreise” (“The Fisherman”) Fischer-Dieskau sings "Fischerweise" - YouTube

Leona Anderson performs “Fish” (#13) 365 Days #238 - Leona Anderson - Music To Suffer By (mp3s) - WFMU's Beware of the Blog

John Prine - Fish and Whistle

The Smoothies: Three Little Fishies

One of the great instrumentals - Albatross

Actually, the whole album, Dethwater isn’t just about sealife, it’s music specifically for fish and isn’t really meant for humans at all. In fact, many fans who listened to it heard the lyrics to the song Go Into The Water and drowned. cite

Here’s a clip of the band playing the song live in the Gulf of Danzig in 2006. Note that the stage and speakers face into the ocean, so the fish can hear it better.