Music Lyrics Trivia (google users will feel shame)

Of course, no way to police the no Google rule except by applying shame and guilt, but can you answer the following questions based on classic song lyrics?

1. If you have a bitchin’ camaro and an Exxon credit card, what does your dad do for a living?

2. If you race the little old lady from Pasadena for pink slips and win, what kind of car do you get to drive home?

3. Why should you send lawyers guns and money and where should you send them?

4. If you are in a poker game on a train bound for nowhere, what card do you need to make your hand?

5. What are you supposed to remember when the white knight is talking backwards?

Got any others?

Well, what the dormouse said, of course: “Feed your head.” (Think it would like White Castle cheeseburgers?)
A1: Why would one go down to the bog?

IIRC #2 would be a “Superstock Dodge”. I grew up in Pasadena when the song was popular. As a side story: A friend of mine had to do 2 wks. National Guard duty and his mother drove his car while he was gone. It was a ford Fairlane with a 427 in it. We, of course, referred to her as “The little old lady etc”

Two down and three to go. And Jethro Tull might say you should go down to the bog to warm your feet, but only if you are an old man in a quasi-rock opera concept albumn. :slight_smile:

I was gambling in Havana and the shit has hit the fan, but I’m hiding in Honduras.
How much peanut butter do I have?

#1. The mayor.

“Train bound for nowhere” sounds like “The Gambler”, but I don’t think there’s a poker game in that one. Hmm.

If you don’t mind me saying, I can see you’re out of aces.

Congrats to all:

1 - Bitchin’ Camaro by the Dead Milkmen - Your dad’s the mayor, which is why you don’t get speeding tickets. Bill H knows his 80’s surf punk songs.
2 - The Little Old Lady From Pasadena by Jan & Dean - Nebco9 wins the super stock dodge to go terrorize Colorado Blvd.
3 - Lawyers Guns and Money by Warren Zevon - The Tooth nailed it. So when you find your self with the waitress who’s working for the Russians, you know what to ask Dad for…
4 - The Gambler by Kenny Rogers - In the last line of the song both Teleute12 and Blake find an ace to keep.
5 - White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane - If you go chasing rabbits, and you know you are going to fall, tell them a hookah smokin’ caterpiller has given you the call. And remember what astorian said… Feed your head white castle hamburgers.

I don’t know that one.

Any other “questionable” lyric triva out there? I use these in training classes sometimes.

What will happen as soon as I get my head around you?

I don’t know about the peanut butter or the head… Hmm… How about these…

How long should you squeeze my lemon?

What is just a shot away?

What happens when you end up like a dog that’s been beat too much?

When does thunder only happen?

Why did we jump up on the table and shout “anarchy”?

'Till the juice runs down your leg.

Shelter … but I always thought it was a shout away.

Aaack! What a screw up … WAR is a sho(u)t away.

:smack:

When it’s raining.

Actually, war, rape, and murder are just a shot away. That’s why you need some shelter. :wink:

I know the lemon one was too easy, but I had to ask it. Love that.

when it’s raining? Fleetwood Mac

Punk Rock Girl - Dead Milkmen I do not remember what the line before this was (ice tea?) but I think the line after refers to the jukebox and California dreamin so we started screamin on such a ?winter’s? day.

I’ll rephrase it: how long will my peanut butter last?

I’d love to cover you and smother you in?
Who can turn my wooden heart?
Change is coming through my?
Though I may seem helpless I will do what?
Where is there trees and flowers and chirping birds?

Ah, another Dead Milkmen classic. As I recall this part goes: