Music that I don't usually listen to...

After spending a day outdoors in the BRUTAL heat, it’s so nice to come home sweet home and take a cool lavender shower, put some fragrant candles on, burn some Nag Champa…sip on a soothing cup of chamomile tea…and put some music on while sitting in front a gentle breeze from the fan…

I wanted to try a new channel on my AOL radio…and right now I am listening to My Yellow Ginger Lei on the Hawaiian music channel… :eek:

Somebody STOP me, I’m a-gonna hula!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been listening to a lot of gangster rap lately, as well as my wife’s Jack Off Jill EP (Covetous Creature).

Public Enemy and -get this - Eminem are on my playlist right now. I think I’m becoming schizophrenic. :stuck_out_tongue:

Powernoise…

Like Haus Arafna.

Hypnotic stuff…

I admit that lately I’ve been hitting channels on my car radio (I have XM) almost at random.

I’ve fallen in love with channel 28, Cinemagic. It plays background music from popular movies interspersed with clips from them.

The one from Poltergeist flipped me out a while back. And Aliens was great.

Oh! They do either two or three songs on the ** Wicked** soundtrack. I don’t think it’s for sale though, just listed in the DVD credits.

I’m in the process of moving my entire CD collection to mp3 format. Once I’m done, I’m gonna load the entire thing into a playlist and hit “random”. :cool:

Antonio Carlos Jobim - Tide. Not my usual kind of jazz, a little to laid back and soothing for what I normally like. But I catch myself listening to it late at night when I get home from work. I can’t believe I’ve started humming “The Girl from Ipanema”.

For some reason, I have been listening to a lot more classic country-western lately. Pasty Cline was actually pretty good.

That, and I have been listening to ‘sports radio’ (two stations: one local, and ESPN Sports Radio) instead of NPR while in the car.

I don’t typically listen to hip-hop but I’ve been listening to “Aisle 10” by Scapegoat Wax about 8 times a day for the past two months. I first heard it on a soundtrack for an Xbox game.

"Pasty Cline was actually pretty good. "

And this year’s award for understatement goes to…

::flings a Mel Tillis CD at plnnr

:: pppppbbbbbbbtttttttthhhhhhhh ::