My ding-a-ling lyrics

OK, I know searching for lyrics on the internet is usually a simple endeavor, but I’ve had small luck in finding the proper lyrics for Chuck Berry’s “My Ding-a-ling”. Maybe the studio version is different, but I’m looking for the lyrics to the live version that he sang in England – remember the reference to “all those future members of Parliament”? Those lyrics should include a mention of grammar school, the garden wall, and Turtle Creek.

If you can provide the spoken part, too, it would be much appreciated; and if you know the chord schema, please throw that in, too.

I searched with google for “my ding-a-ling” “turtle creek” “parliament” and got no hits. But leaving off “parliament” I found this site: http://www.multimania.com/rockbox/ding_a_ling.htm

It has chords and the spoken part:

This is completely from my memory as a 10 year old.

When I was, a little-bitty boy
My Grandmother bought me a cute little toy
Silver bells hanging on a string
She told me it was my ding-a-ling-a-ling

When I was going to grammar school
I got dropped off in the vestibule
Everytime that bell would ring
Catch me playin’ with my ding-a-ling-a-ling

Once I was climbing the garden wall
Slipped and had a terrible fall
Fell so hard I heard bells ring
But I held on to my ding-a-ling-a-ling

Once I was swimming cross turtle creek
Man, them snappers all around my feet
Sure was hard trying to cross that thing
With both hands holding my ding-a-ling-a-ling

This here song it ain’t so bad
Cutest little song you ever had
Those of you who will not sing
Must be playing with your own ding-a-ling-a-ling

There are of course choruses between each verse:
Chorus:
My ding-a-ling-a-ling
My ding-a-ling-a-ling
I want you to play with my ding-a-ling-a-ling
etc

I also have some recollection of the spoken parts, but nothing solid…

“These girls over here are singing “my”! That’s ok, girl”
“There’s some people over there singing in harmony…”
Diver

Well, I figured someone would post a link, I just wanted to prove to myself I could remember those lyrics.

Thanks, Johnny. That’s the best I’ve seen so far. One source I’d found earler (through Jeeves) had interpreted “vestibule” as “best of you”, but this version is what I remember (except they left out the spoken part about those future members of Parliament).

You know the sad part of this? For all his pioneering work in rock-n-roll, being one of the founders of what rock guitar should sound like, and writing some great songs, this was his only #1 hit.