My ex was so dumb they thought

Duh, Boston. Just ask a Bostonian.

Except a minor chunk of New York.

I can’t stop chuckling at this refrain. You should work this into a stand-up routine!

Best I got is a high school boyfriend who only got the twist in The Sixth Sense a minute or so after seeing the guy shot through the back. He leaned over and whispered it to me and…well, he was cute…sigh.

I was 20-30 at the time. My standards were lower back then.

One of them was rubbing my male cat’s belly and got worried about the lumps. He was shocked when I said they were nipples because it was a boy cat. He almost went catatonic when I pointed out that he had nipples and he was a boy. We both took our shirts off to look at nipples and suddenly he was all better. Another one who was nice to my cats and good in bed!

Hubs is good in bed, nice to my cats and reads books without pictures.

Some exceptions may apply. While driving around in Oregon (admittedly, some 40 years ago), certain intersections had a sign posted saying “Right turn on red OK without stop”.

And sometimes LEFT turn on red, after stop. (In the USA).

That’s pretty much standard, even without any sign saying so, if you’re turning from a one-way street into a one-way street. Do you mean there are other places too where you can do this?

That’s what I had in mind. But I think you are wildly over-estimating how common that knowledge is.

Oh, my gawd, please come back with more @JaneDoe42 these are all absolute gems. I’m dyin’ laughing over here - the cats are looking at me funny.

I’ve always been attracted to intelligent men, but this is a fun thread. And yes, a potential partner has to be nice to cats.

“The top half of her face was cute.”

Well, if you call all of New York City (with a very, very small number of exceptions) a “minor chunk.”

I used to perform in a group who did interactive murder mysteries. We would tailor them to whatever the customer wanted (vampire, sci go, etc), and have a powwow about characters and roles on the way to the venue. A girl I dated a few times was invited to join us to help fill out the roster of red herrings and suspects.

We were doing an X-Files sort of event. She stuck close to me as a “junior officer” for the government.

We’re introducing ourselves to various members of the audience as we start the play. As we meet our third or fourth person, I introduce myself. She stops breathing for a second, looks up like she’s trying to remember some lost detail, and asks me, “wait…I’m an FBI agent, too, right, [my real first name]?”

It is less than .5% of the surface area and only 3% of the roads. So, yes, “minor chunk” seems an apt descriptor.

I can’t stop laughing at this.

3% of the roads, but I wonder what percentage of intersections are in NYC.

Rates right up there with “I tripped and fell into her vagina.”

Well, sure, but also 40% of the population of the state. So perhaps not so apt?

In Oregon you can make left turns at a red light onto a one-way street, even if your street is two-way (i.e. against oncoming traffic). I don’t know how many drivers here are aware of it, though.

My grown-ass man ex-husband asked me once if Christmas was on December 25th every year and then got mad at me when I snickered.