My ex was so dumb they thought

You don’t look too sharp either, honey.

One of my exes and I were discussing the possibility of getting a place together. I had two cats at the time, and at one point he said, “Of course you’ll be getting rid of the cats.”

It was at that moment that he became an “ex”.

I didn’t want to talk to them fer crying out loud!

When hubs and I were discussing moving in together, we agreed that I wouldn’t give up my place for a month or so just to be sure that our cats got along. It was understood that if the cats refused to get along, we just weren’t meant to be.

@panache45 A friend of hubs once had a nasty break-up with a girl because he demanded she give up her cats and she agreed to do it only after he sold his beloved motorcycle. I don’t think he ever understood that she was asking him to do the same thing he was asking her to do.

I’m guessing you identify as male don’t you, sweetie?

Possibly post-coitus. He doesn’t seem to have a head on his shoulders.

Irrelevant. Your drama doesn’t make you shine here at all.

One might draw a similar conclusion about your buzzkill posts to the thread. To me it looks like people are having fun and a few sardonic laughs at their own expense. Don’t see any additional fun being generated by you slagging on folks.

Yeah, this thread has been fun, and the best posts have been those of JaneDoe42.

You sure it wasn’t a ploy to get you to do just that?

That really is a line for the ages, I gotta say. Sorry it came it JaneDoe42’s expense.

Yeah but her shine or lack thereof is immaterial; she entertained us at least, and she zinged you good to boot.

Minus the hottness this sounds exactly like my wife’s ex. A very sick abusive mother fucker.

Claimed that he got into Harvard (but coldn’t afford the tuition) but spelled used as “yoused”.

Woo Hoo! Two more chances to post!

When we were in college in North Carolina, my now-husband’s brother came for a visit (from New Jersey).

He (brother) told his girlfriend that he was coming to North Carolina.

She said “Oh really? What time zone is that?”.

Yeah, they didn’t last.

Incidentally, I broke it off after he got abusive. I was lucky to know the red flags and bailed out immediately.

Michigan has it too. I have done it like 3 times ever(situation really doesn’t come up very often) and have never seen anybody else do it…

I once dated a girl named Brenda who lived in a small town a few miles away. One Saturday, my band had a gig, and we made plans for Brenda to come along. Since I had to drive to the gig and set up, my buddy Mike would go get Brenda (and a friend of hers who’d be Mike’s date). Brenda said she’d be waiting in front of a bar called Augie’s.

Mike drove to the town. There were half a dozen bars (and there couldn’t have been more than a few hundred people in the town) but none were named Augie’s.

Finally Mike noticed a girl answering to Brenda’s description standing in front of a bar with a sign that read “Earle’s”. He walked up and asked her if she were Brenda. She said yes.

Mike said, “I thought you were going to be waiting in front of Augie’s?”

Brenda said, “This is Augie’s”.

Mike looked up at the sign. “It says Earle’s”.

Brenda replied, “Yeah. That’s Augie’s”

I’ve certainly encountered places that went by a different name than the sign. The now-closed “Sarge’s” in Charlottesville was actually named The Tavern. But expecting anyone from out of town to know that. . . .

Having grown up in a town almost as small as Brenda’s, I remember there being basic facts everyone was expected to know: taxes are due April 15; the speed of sound is 343 m/s; Augie’s is Earle’s.

My senior year of high school I started dating a girl. She was kinda cute, but dumb.

I was a nerdy guy before it was cool, so I was just happy to have someone that wanted to kiss me and other things of that nature.

I graduated, and moved from Northern California to Montana. She tagged along.

Two instances really drove home the dumb though:

1- After being astonished that it seemed hot in the summer, she figured it out! Because we were at a higher elevation, we were closer to the Sun so it just felt hotter.

2- After losing a few pounds, she was puzzled how that could have been. I tried to explain that we weren’t necessarily eating big meals like she had been used to. Which couldn’t possibly be it, it turns out that it was (again) due to that higher elevation. Gravity pulled on her less, so…

Yeah, she was kinda cute, and fucked like a house on fire, but in the end it was not meant to be.