My Friend Needs a Wedding Song

My good friend Lisa is getting married in April, and she needs a good weeding song. Doesn’t have to be modern, but it can be, some artists we have come up with…Nat Cole, Frank Sinatra, Sarah Brightman.
Just remember it is a wedding, not a prom. She is in her mid-20’s, and it is an april wedding…any thoughts?
:stuck_out_tongue:

I’d suggest Van Morrison “Tupelo Honey,” “Into the Mystic” or “Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?”

Can’t go wrong with the Van Man.

In a country vein, “I Cross My Heart” by George Strait has lyrics that fit a wedding perfectly. I’m not a big country fan, but it is a pretty song and I sang it at a friend’s wedding once.

A little more rock and roll (but still mellow and nice, with marriage-related lyrics) are “Every Time I Look at You” by Kiss* and, believe it or not, “All of Me” by 80s Christian-metal band Stryper. (They’re singing it to God, but the lyrics are great in a spouse-to-spouse perspective.)
*Note: When I called my Kiss-maniac friend to learn what the name of the song I was thinking of by them was, he suggested another Kiss tune for a wedding song: “Unholy.”

Maybe that attitude explains why he’s been hitched three times …

Wedding song?

There are many places when/where it could be played (before the ceremony, walking the aisle, during the receiving line, during dinner, cutting the cake, Father’s Dance, Couple’s 1st dance, etc. ). Could you narrow them down?

I’d go with something from the 80s or late 70s. Like Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville’s duet Don’t Know Much. There’s also Journey’s Open Arms and Lionel Richie’s Say You Say Me. But, not that I listen to them or anything… really.

My wedding song will be “Feels Like Home” by Bonnie Raitt and “I Can’t Help Falling In Love With You” by Elvis Presley.

Maybe your friend will like those two.

I was very much against having “Our song” at our wedding, until we heard the Love Theme from Romeo and Juliet. It just happened suddenly, fit our situation, we both liked it, and we agreed on it.
Good Luck]

Love… Exciting and New…

Well,
“Here There and Everywhere” by The Beatles
Or their "new"er one
“Real Love”
Both are very beautiful songs.
Or “Maybe I’m Amazed” by Paul McCartney
Or “Love” by John Lennon

I would go with Love Changes Everything, by Sarah Brightman.

Well, being a huge Tom Waits fan, I would have to recommend [Little Trip To Heaven](http://www.buffnet.net/~jasoncu/Tom Waits - 10 - Little Trip To Heaven).

My brother is getting married in about a month and this was the one and only suggestion I had for him and his fiancé.

I hope posting one lousy mp3 file won’t piss anyone off too much, but I kind of doubt you’ll find this one on Napster. Anyway, given the circumstances, I’m sure Tom wouldn’t mind.

You wouldn’t happen to be referring to the Garbage song, #1 Crush, would you? Very cool song.

My husband and I chose “Grow Old With Me” for our wedding, and had a friend sing it during the ceremony. It was wonderful.

Well…there’s always “The Wedding Song” by Gregorash. I forgot his first name…with a wee bit of research, I can get it for you.

“Can I have this dance” by Anne Murray is another good one.

“I Could Not Ask For More” by Edwin McCain is a good one.

If they’re country fans and can actually stand Shania Twain, she has a really sweet wedding song called “From This Moment On.” That was my friend Alycia’s wedding song, and it brought tears from quite a bit of the audience.

Here’s a slight hijack. I’m not really a huge fan of sappy-ass music. Are there any really rocking love songs out there other than old hair bands and “Nothing Else Matters”? The closest I can think of is “Everlong” by Foo Fighters, and while it has a good beat, you can’t really dance to it.

Two of my friends are getting married in September, in the church in the Bronte sisters’ village. They’ve chosen To The End by Blur.

When my Dad got remarried they got someone to sing The Rose. I thnk it is by Bette Middler. It was really nice.

I don’t remember the name of the song or who sings it, but it’s rather old and has the lines: “If you wanna be happy the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife/ Take it from my personal point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you”

And then there’s Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Gimme Three Steps
“Gimme three steps, gimme three steps mister, gimmen three steps towards the door”

In a more serious note, I’ve always liked the song Something by the Beatles.

Tell her to listen to Save The Best For Last by Vanessa Williams. Beautiful song :slight_smile:

I recommend ‘Moonshadow’ by Cat Stevens. Beautiful, romantic sounding song. And the most inappropriate lyrics you could ever have at a wedding.

"If I ever lose my legs,
I won’t moan, and I won’t beg,
Oh if I ever lose my legs,
I won’t have to walk no more.

And if I ever lose my eyes,
If my colors all run dry,
Oh if I ever lose my eyes,
I won’t have to cry no more.

Steven Curtis Chapman wrote a song for his wife called “I Will Be Here.” Best wedding song I have ever heard.

Scotti