My new Fresh scent

Whenever I buy anti-perspirant/deodorant, I get annoyed by the ridiculous array of scents available to me. It seems my choices of sticks are:[ul]
[li]fresh[/li][li]active[/li][li]sport[/li][li]spring[/li][li]alpine air[/li][/ul]
IIRC, these are all from the same brand (Right Guard). There are probably others out there with similarly useless labels.

Now, with the exception of the last one, which I presume smells like a spruce-fir forest, exactly what does “active” smell like? And how does this really differ from “sport?” As a man, should I go for the “fresh” scent, or the “spring?” :rolleyes:

Can anyone tell the difference? Does anyone really care?

Well let’s see. Don’t use the Alpine Scent, no telling what the neighborhood dogs would try. The Sports scent might make you smell like a men’s locker room so we will eliminate that one. Spring Scent might get you some strange looks from your buddies. I’d say go with the active scent, just on the process of elimination.

I stick with the ones that smell like baby powder, myself. The others are just too odd.

Just wanted to pop in and note that (prior to this post) the thread preceding this one is:

“37 tons of goose poop.”

Makes all of your choices sound better, doesn’t it?

I disagree with the OP, I want more smells!

Pizza! Chocolate! Vanilla! Pomegranate! Lilac!

If I walked around smelling like some freshly popped popcorn, or a hot dog right off the cart with chili and relish, the women would be all over me.

I’ve been thinking for years that some fragrance designer could strike it rich with a cologne that smells like baking chocholate chip cookies. People wouldn’t be able to keep their hands off each other!!!

I’ve been thinking for years that some fragrance designer could strike it rich with a cologne that smells like baking chocholate chip cookies. People wouldn’t be able to keep their hands off each other!!!

For a while (maybe still), Gatorade was doing the same
kind of thing. They were naming their flavors something
completely unhelpful, e.g. Riptide Rush.

My interpretation of this was “We know it’s an artificial
flavor that resembles nothing in nature, so you might just as well pick a flavor that color-coordinates well with your
spandex.”

I do think it’s strange that they have so many “flavors” of deodorant. Why do the powers that be think that we want our armpits smelling like a spring rain? What does a spring rain smell like anyways?

It reminds me of the same advertising they do for feminine products. “Fresh as a daisy” comes to mind… sounds pretty, however I don’t think a womans privates need to smell like a daisy anymore than a daisy would want to smell like…well… :rolleyes: