My novel hit the top 50 in it's genre on Amazon today (so excited!)

Really, really excited – my novel “The Pen is Mightier” (satire/homage to fantasy series like GRRM’s “A Song of Ice and Fire”) got to its highest ranking to date over the last couple of weeks – up to the top 40 or 50 in the Satire genre for Amazon ebooks. I don’t know the exact peak since the rankings update multiple times per day, and I can’t keep constant tabs.

After several months of really disappointing sales, this is a big relief for me. Still not anything close to a bestseller that means I can quit my job and write full time, but at least it seems to have caught on a bit with a small audience, even if it’s just for the holidays. I attribute it to some focused marketing I’ve been doing for fans of “A Song of Ice and Fire” and “Game of Thrones” on Reddit and elsewhere.

I know a few Dopers have read it and enjoyed it (and at least one didn’t enjoy it, which is okay!) – thanks so much for your support and reviews. I think the Amazon reviews are a key part of it, and I doubt any of my limited sales success would be possible without it.

Thanks for reading my celebratory and self-serving post! :slight_smile:

PS: I’d be happy to send a free digital copy to any Doper who’d like one – just PM me if interested.

Congrats, andy. That’s all kinds of awesome!

Congratulations! I have a few other author friends, and it’s always exciting when sales start to take off in some way. I hope it’s the start of a real trend.

Gussy it up however you want, Trebek. What matters is does it work? Will it really mighty my penis?
Oh, and congratulations.

Woot!

Wonderful! Hope you copied the screen. You might want to print that out and frame it.

Thanks! And Thudlow, yes that’s intentional… it is supposed to be a funny book, after all.

Congratulations iiandyiiii !

(Is there a worstseller’s list? I was commissioned to write two books, each finished with sales worse than the other. :o )

Woohoo! I, of course, ascribe it to my amazing efforts in improving your cover art. Even though I did that back in April.

Congratulations! This is the moment to remember.

I’m sure that played a role, and when my next book is done expect more business from me! Thanks!

Was able to do a little bit of digging – its peak Sunday was at least #41, possibly higher.

That’s great iiandyiiii! My own first book has managed to scale the heights of #5793 in Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland on Amazon. :slight_smile:

Bought. And the art is really good.

Thanks so much – I really hope you enjoy it! As for the cover art, the credit for the painting goes to the artist Adam Russ (a freelance artist anyone can hire) and GuanoLad, who did the fantastic cover design.

Congratulations!

Thanks!

And now the slow sinking down to Earth, as my sales return to ‘normal’… :frowning:

Well I just gave you a new years sale :slight_smile:

Congrats and all the best for your future works.

Thanks so much! I really hope you enjoy it. :slight_smile:

That is just wonderful. Congratulations.

It must feel marvelous to achieve a dream like that.

Of course, I’m assuming that was a dream of yours before it happened. Wasn’t it?

Regardless, good on you!