My seven year sober anniversary

Just thought I’d share: Today marks seven years without alcohol, marijuana, meth, or any other substances. And man, where DID the time go?

Now if I could only kick the coffee habit…

Congratulations! I had a two-year alcohol-free anniversary on Halloween.

I’m NEVER kicking my coffee habit though !!

Congratulations - it must have taken a lot of strength and courage to quit.

Congratulations, that’s a serious achievement.

Believe the promises, they are true!

Best,

twicks

Happy birthday, Superman!
If the substances were a problem for you, I guess you really are “new and improved” without 'em, huh? :wink:

Congratulations, wishing you continued success!

I just came from another thread telling you to knock it off. Quit threadshitting, Mr Happy. You have an official warning.

Ellen Cherry
MPSIMS Moderator

Congrats! That totally rocks.

Isn’t it wonderful?

Slee
5 years and 8 months but I’ll catch you one of these days :wink:

Congratulations today and every day ------ one day at a time.

Congrats, man.

Funny - you and I must have quit within a month of each other.

Well, I quit drinking, tho I still inhale on occasion when given the opportunity.

Congrats. man. Keep coming back.

Soulbro, eight years clean and serene

Quick mod note: the post Ellen Cherry moderated has been removed.

Quite an achievement, to be sure. Congratulations!

I’ve heard giving up caffeine is difficult too, and that (if you’re serious about it, I can’t tell), it should be done gradually, to avoid headaches.

Good job New and Improved Superman! 7 years is a long time, and you deserve a pat on the back. How much better is “life after” as compared to “life before”?

Wow, what an occasion, this calls for a dr…NO no, do not make a stupid joke here.
Congrats!!! Really.

Congrats, that’s great. Get a 7 year medallion, and pass on your old one to someone who has just arrived at 6 years. At least that’s what I do.

Remember, though: After a couple of years of sobriety are achieved, the one in the meeting with the longest sobriety is the one who got up earliest that day. :wink:

ODAAT,

QtM

[slight hijack]QtM, I hope you don’t pass on all of your “chips”; when my father passed away, he had 32 years of sobriety. His chips were lovingly passed among his five daughters and many grandchildren! I have his five-year chip (along with one of his pipes, and my “share” of his ashes ;)), and I treasure it.

I mean, I’m not lookin’ for you to buy the farm anytime soon or anything, but while I’m sure those chips mean a lot to the people you pass them on to, some of them will mean a lot to your family some day, too.[/sh]

I’ve probably a couple lying around, but frankly I feel that passing the chip on to another recovering person is more meaningful (and possibly beneficial) than leaving them as heirlooms. My kids will have a ton of non-AA stuff that was meaningful to me to remember me by.

If one of my kids were in recovery, that’d be a different story. And if they achieve that status after my demise, as I said, they can dig around and find a medallion or two from AA.

Well, this is freakin’ awesome. Having never fought that battle I can’t imagine how much dedication it must have taken. As a person who has lost loved ones to addiction, I thank you for your hard work. Seriously, go out and do something wonderful for yourself (besides being sober, I mean.)