Nashville Dopefest, April 20

Hey Vol State Dopers!

Thanks to the good work of our own Drewbert, I will be in Nashville, Tennesse on April 20, doing Astronomy Day activities. I’ll be giving a couple of talks, and generally hanging out and being the ubergeek that I am. Any Dopers who want to come along are welcome! We have no real DopeFest type activities planned (yet), but Astronomy Day stuff can be a lot of fun all by itself.

You can read more about this at the Sudekum Planetarium website and also on Bad Astronoym calendar.

This post is partially a bump, but also to let everyone know that, as a result of an evening of breakneck-speed web coding, there are many more Astronomy Day details on the planetarium site.

Hope to see you there!

Hey Badass–just don’t let any Southern-talkin’ Doper try to tell you tall-tales about her boneyard! :smiley:

OK this one is entirely a bump, my apologies. But don’t forget, not only do you get to meet The Bad Astronomer, at 1:00 you get the chance to see your ever so humble drewbert fumble about underneath the planetarium stars, armed with a laser pointer and a repository of lame jokes. Now who’d want to miss that?

[sub]Then again, maybe you’d rather go visit the museum’s animatronic dinosaurs. Your call.[/sub]

OK this one is entirely a bump, my apologies. But don’t forget, not only do you get to meet The Bad Astronomer, at 1:00 you get the chance to see your ever so humble drewbert fumble about underneath the planetarium stars, armed with a laser pointer and a repository of lame jokes. Now who’d want to miss that?

[sub]Then again, maybe you’d rather go visit the museum’s animatronic dinosaurs. Your call.[/sub]

ah, the elusive triple-post. Sorry about that. I clicked once, and it timed out. I reloaded MPSIMS to see if it made it, and it hadn’t. So I clicked a second time. Now it’s here 3 times. shrug

[sub]now I’m afraid to click. here goes nothing[/sub]

Heh. Bump. Also, check my website calendar for more info.

I think this is the only time I wish I lived in Nashville - I could get my Bad Astronomy book autographed…

That’ll teach me not to read MPSIMS more often. Haven’t been to the planetarium in a while. And I’d love to have some ammo against my “we-didn’t -land-on-the-moon” friend.

There I was seriously considering making the trek. So I load mapquest, as is common, and see this:

“8: Merge onto I-81 S. 375.57 miles”

Ow.

And this:

“10: Merge onto I-40 W. 211.69 miles”

OW.

Bad Astro, are you gonna be hitting the DC area any time soon?:slight_smile: