National Ice Cream Day is Tomorrow!!

In 1984, Ronald Reagan made one of the most important decisions of his term when he declared July National Ice Cream Month, and the third Sunday of that month National Ice Cream Day. I hope you all will be celebrating this wonderful holiday with me.

Let me know what ice cream treat you will indulge in tomorrow if you get the chance.

I am going to the local establishment, a great place called Gypsy Joe’s, to get a scoop of Pineapple Upside Down Cake, and a scoop of Coconut on top of that.

Enjoy your ice cream! For your viewing enjoyment, here are a couple of cool facts:

1. 98% of American Households purchase ice cream.
  2. Ice Cream sales total more than 20billion per year.
  3. Vanilla is by far the most popular flavor, accounting for about 30% of all ice cream sales. Chocolate is second at about 9%.
  4. The largest sundae ever made took 4,667 gallons.
  5. Americans eat an average of 15 quarts per year per person.

I can’t believe I almost missed celebrating such a vitally important holiday. Tomorrow, it’s off to the grocery store for me, for a pint of Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food.

Shit. I celebrated a day early.

Oh well, I guess that means I’ll have to have it again tomorrow.

:slight_smile:

FisherQueen,

Good selection. If you are in central Ohio, I could reccomend many excellent spots for you to visit. If not, remember that Pierre’s Ice Cream was created in Cleveland so it would be a good hometown choice for the Northeastern contingent. If you are closer to Cincinnatti, Graeter’s Ice Cream was started there. Ohio is truely one of the most important states in Ice Cream History.

I smell a conspiracy. Think about it, the deep pockets of ‘Big Ice Cream’ greased the way with a few ‘political contributions’ and the public is coerced to buy ice cream. You know, Reagan may have had a change of heart along the way and BIC sent in some goons to force feed him ice cream. He still hasn’t recovered from the ice cream headache.
[sub]I think I’ll head to Braums and get a hot fudge and hot butterscotch sundae.[/sub]

Blue Bell at home or Marble Slab at the ice cream parlor??

Decisions, decisions.

One for lunch, one for dinner??

That’ll work. Thanks for the heads up. I WAS gonna make ‘nana puddin’ but this is better.

I am probably in a small group pf people that will say that ice cream is gross. I can’t stand the taste. Except mint chocolate chip ice cream. I love mint chocolate chip.

Hallelujah! :smiley:

What a perfect excuse!

Now remember class, the only way to stop an ice cream headache is to place your right palm flat against the right side of your neck (over the carotid artery). This warms the blood that’s headed for your shivering brain. Works every time.

My Honey just brought me back a Bounty ice cream bar (Mounds for you US peeps) and a Times to keep me busy for a few days :slight_smile:

Perhaps Butter Brickle or Pralines and Cream tomorrow…

At the moment I’m in the Ohio’s Great Southern Desert, but on Wednesday, I’ll be moving to Cincinnati, and then can have Graeter’s every day if I like.

They have chocolate chips that don’t fit on the spoon, but I overlook the inconvenience.