NC Dopers Meeting---A Secret?

Ok guys, I know you had your meeting this weekend. What happened? Who showed up? Who didn’t show up (me included)? Was it fun or a bust? Come on ya gotta tell us.
Let’s pull one together for Memorial Day weekend in Raleigh and see if we can’t get Virginia, South Carolina, Tennessee and such to join us.

I’ve learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.

I didn’t go! Ooh,ooh! Does that help?

I sold my soul to Satan for a dollar. I got it in the mail.

We met! It was cool, we had a good time. I don’t think we got up to the level of riotous fun and debauchery that other SD parties have seen, but it was great to meet all the people that showed.

The list:

Evilbeth & Thasmodius (lurker hubby)
Mjollinar
Fretful Porpentine
Aenea
Cabbage
Satan and Drain were supposed to be there too, but came up with a damned good excuse. We forgive them.
This time.

The next NC doper fest will be announced in a couple of days. If you want a little preview - it will be May 13th if Surgo can make it, or May 27th if he can’t.
Oh ya, and you’ll just love the host for this one.

Carpe Jugulum

Well, we were going to post minutes, but then we realized that most of the conversation consisted of gossip too scurrilous to be repeated here…

Heh heh. Wouldn’t you just love to know what we said about you?

Yeah, I had a great time meeting everybody there.

And no, I sure as hell ain’t gonna repeat any of the gossip. :wink:

After the blood-letting hazing ceremony, I’ve been afraid to say anything. I second that the level of debauchery seen in other meeting minutes was not met but I must give credit to Cabbage–he was certainly prepared for some!

I will venture to say that our waiter had an attitude problem the likes of which I have never seen. He was seriously cranky and obnoxious. Or maybe I was just overly sensitive. Did he get any better after Thasmodious and I left? The restaurant as a whole left much to be desired.

Let’s see–we talked about heatherlee (several poofy-haired chicks frequented the place), we ragged on Satan for not showing (we didn’t know his reason at the time), I got fussed at for mentioning “felching”, aenea tried to convince Cabbage to get drunk, aenea took pictures with her camera that just conveniently happened to be in her car, we ate some really strange but good nachos, everyone else in the restaurant was taking pictures with really bright flashes, the wait-staff frequently dropped and broke dishes, the local YMCA had reserved tables for a party of 100, and more stuff that I can’t remember. No one got naked and no one was arrested (at least, not while I was there!) Anyone else have input?

I always try to do things in chronological order.

I can’t wait to hear who the host is. Remember guys that Falcon and some others from out of town wanted to join in for the one in May. If it’s the 13th I’ll have to bypass but maybe we can do one later in the summer if the 13th is good for everyone else. I’d like to get in on one of them.

I’ve learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.

Memorial weekend is a great option. Saturday or Sunday?

And input is welcome. Restaurant or nightclub atmosphere?

Carpe Jugulum

Either one is good,there is a comedy club that you can have dinner and then see the show, but I have no idea who would be there that weekend.

Ok, I finally got the photos and the scanner together. I don’t want to tie up bandwith on the board by posting huge pics so here’s a link to Photoloft, where I posted a small album.
http://www.photoloft.com/album.asp?s=plft&u=354547&a=267850

Mjollinar was also in attendance (for while), but escaped before the camera was brought out. BTW, Evilbeth, the camera really was in the truck by chance, not planning. :stuck_out_tongue:

Carpe Jugulum

Aight, I now know that my exams can last until the 19th of May, so it looks like it must be Memorial weekend, which I can and will most definitely make.

And the Board’s newest engagees damn well better show up.