Need Help Compiling a List of Songs With Lines in French

OK. I hit a brick wall and googling drew a blank (someone’s had to have done this on the net before - but I’ll be damned, any keyword combination I used came up with merde).

I gotta put together a CD of songs that use French lines or lyrics.

All I can come up with off the top of my head is:
[ul][li]Psycho Killer – Talking Heads[/li][li]Ca Plane Pour Moi - Plastic Bertrand[/li][li]Lady Marmalade (Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi Ce Soir?) – LaBelle (Or that Moulin Ridge cover)[/li][li]Les Coeurs Jumeaux – Concrete Blond[/li][li]Lettres D’Amour – Sweet (Well at least the title & one line is French)[/li][li]Femme Fatale – Velvet Underground / REM – (Ditto)[/li][li](Intro to) Only Love Can Break Your Heart – Saint Entienne[/li][li]and maybe Bete’ Noir - Brian Ferryn (but I don’t recall the lyrics)[/ul][/li]…and that’s it. I KNOW there have to be A LOT more…at least enough to fill one 80-minute CDR.

So I ask you, amis qui savent, have any that come to mind? Any recommendations and all assistance are greatly appreciated.

Merci

The Partisan – Leonard Cohen

See the lyrics here:
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/leonardcohen/thepartisan.html

“Michelle” by The Beatles:

“Sont des mots qui vont tres bien ensemble…”

This site www.eur.com/musicals has a “search by language” if you want musicals.

Also, Robert Marien released a CD called “Broadway to Montreal” which has “Le fantom de l’opera” and “Le musique de la nuit” on it.

My Cherie Amour - Stevie Wonder
O L’Amour - Erasure
Voulez-Vous - ABBA

The Rufus Wainwright song also from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack

Megadeth’s A Tout Le Monde
Lyrics

Eyes Without a Face - Billy Idol

How about Andy by Les Rita Mitsuko?

Granted, they’re a french sort of gig, but I always dug that song - good beat. Actually the whole album is pretty good. (The No Comprendo, in case you’re wondering.)

Champs Elysees- NOFX

Billy Joel, “C’Etait Toi (You Were the One)”

A visitor from Belgium listened to this song and said that while Billy’s French was understandable, the accent was pretty bad.

Dancing Shoes - Dan Fogleberg “Tu et Danse, ma cour et danse, la tete” and some others.

Pink Martini - “Sympathique” The band is American, but the song is in French, so I don’t know if that is what you’re looking for.

Blondie, “Denis”

R.E.M.'s Talk About The Passion has the line “Combien/ Combien du temps?”

(“How/ How much time?”)

How about French songs with English lyrics ? Will that do also ?

Here are the lyrics to Robert Charlebois’ “The Frog Song” or Gilles Vigneault’s “La Fille d’un Avocat”

Ben Folds Five - Your Redneck Past
Lyrics

“If You Go Away”, covered by many artists.
“Les Bicyclettes de Versailles”, Englebert Humperdink

Nicollette Larson and Art Garfunkel both did nice versions of “The French Waltz”.

Also just about anything from Kate and Anna McGarrigle.

Blur’s “To The End” has backing vocals in French provided by Stereolab’s Laetitia Sadier. And Stereolab have a few songs in French themselves, although I only know “Enivrez-Vous” (Get Drunk)

If you want some ambient dance on the CD, try some of Air’s songs. I’d recommend “Sexy Boy”.