Need Help with "Teemings"

For the past few months, I’ve been trying to get that massive thread over in Cafe Society about If The Lord of the Rings hasd been written by someone else edited into Teemings Extras. I’d also like to get the Monty Python’s LOTR worked in as well. But to be honest, I’m so backed up with all sorts of other things that the end of the line jus isn’t coming in any reasonable amount of time.

So, I’m looking for someone who knows a little HTML or at least enough to be able to edit the entries from the raw source into a template so I can get it on the site. There are currently about 30 pages to get through, so it’s not going to be a quick job, but if you’ve got a little time on your hands and have an HTML editor, I sure could use the help.

Drop me a line, or respond here. My e-mail is available at that little button right down there.

I sent ya an email, Euty.

“So, I’m looking for someone who knows a little…”

Well, you’ve eliminated me. I enjoy Teemings though, and appreciate all those who put so much work into it.

I used to take long documents and code them, but I finally realized something: if you copy and paste something into word and save as an HTML document, you can have it put in all the line breaks, bolding, centering and so on- then you customize it yourself in an HTML editorfor any additional codes for things like backgrounds. Have you given that a shot? I find it far less time consuming, but YMMV.

I don’t ming helping out Euty I got Dreamweaver and a fair amount of time on my hands.

elfkin Microsoft HTML… ick ick ick… Frontpage is yukky, I can’t imagine word would be any better! :wink:

Email away!

I’m happy to do what I can to help teemings along.

elfkin, that method works well if you import the document into Dreamweaver afterwards. It cleans up all the extra crap Word codes in there.

Ha! Everyone knows that "The One True HTML Editor"™ is Notepad. WYSIWIG editors are for pansies. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks to those you you who e-mailed me with offers. What I will probably do within the next few days is send you a page to work on and instructions on how to fill in the template and we’ll go from there.