Nerdy tattoos! mk. 2

I didn’t recognzie the Discordian symbol, Giant Spongess, but I like it.

Maybe, but you have a nice tattoo.

A guy where I work has . tattooed on his calf. If he had it lasered, would he disappear?

I was thinking of getting one saying Lev 19:28.

bmezine.com’s blog had a pic of a guy who got that on the inside of his bottom lip. Don’t feel like digging up the link right now, but it was in the last month or so.

Whoa! That’s the same one I have on my right shoulder. I got it before the hype with the movies. Here I thought the idea was pretty original. Funky stuff.

I do indeed. It’s on the right side of my navel. My camera went on vaction with a friend, otherwise I’d post a picture.

What excellent taste you have. :smiley: Did you end up getting it or just enjoy the fun of picking one out?

Funky indeed. Same here, as regards movies/ tattoo timing. However I also thought it was pretty original! Again I underestimate the Tolkien fan-base!

I recognized the “hand of Eris” right off, as well, but then thought, “Well, maybe it’s just some walrus tusks, or something.”

For those with enough pain tolerance, I would think that the gates of Moria might make a good back tat.

What about the Ring text?

How dorky would it be to get an antique map compass tattoo?

Because that’s the only tattoo I’ve ever considered getting.

I really, really, really like maps.

P.S. The linked image is from my alma mater’s Map Room’s website. (Just a coincidence, I found it on a google image search.) I didn’t know we had a Map Room! Mmm…Map Room…

Possibly it’s a good idea I didn’t know we had a Map Room when I was in school.

A Hylian shielf is geeky enough, indeed. In fact, were I to get a tatoo, there’s a good chance it would be Zelda related. (The triforce, probably. Simple, yet elegant. Though I’m sure tons of nerds have it.)

Well I have been wanting a tattoo of a Duck Billed Platypus for quite some time. I think I will have one within the year. I also would like a tatoo of a tree. My wife seems to think the tree seems a bit girly though. Funny thing Is I have never seen a girl with a tat of a tree yet somehow she seems correct. I think I want a bristlcone pine or a white birch.
I am not a tree hugger or a natutalist I just think the Plat represents the way I feel aobut myself and the tree is a nice object. Just like I like the number 56 it sounds good to me and is fitting.
Nerdy or not?

Probally just dumb but I dont give a shit I like them.

No way – that’s the kind of thing that’s just begging to be tattooed on a lady’s nether regions.

“Speak, friend, and enter!”

:eek:
Not without a full on epidural and a wheel barrel full of valium.

Yow! Thanks for subjecting me to that image, Guin. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah. My best friend’s ex had something written in Elvish (not sure if that’s right - LOTR stuff?) on his arm. The words weren’t ‘nerdy’ because the tattoo was in memorium of a friend, but the language was. He had some other ones too, but I don’t remember.

One of the two tattoos I have considered is the mercator projection of the five continents excepting Antartica on my upper back. Alaska and the Aleutian Islands at my left scapula and Kamchakta, Chukotka, and Koryakia at my right. The other is this, which is the symbols found on Tennessee’s flag but rotated 90º.

Both’re rather nerdy to me.

The Triforce is like the butterfly of the video game tattoo world. Everyone has it.

I like to get tattoos that represent what I like at the time. Even if Nintendo goes under in 15 years and no more Zelda games, or I suddenly turn around and become a rabid FPS fan, I’ll remember a time in my life where I was happy and made friends because of my passion for the series. That, and it kind of stands as a sign of courage and protection for me, being Link’s shield and all.

My next ‘geek’ related tattoo will probably be sakura petals in a symmetric pattern on my upper back. I’m a bit of a CLAMP fan. That, and I already have Phedre’s marque from the Kushiel book series in small scale right under my neck. I want to go another limb up on the size scale for a tattoo, and the whole flower thing fits. But I don’t want to start shoving random things all over my body, I want to plan it so it doesn’t look random.

Heh, yeah. Although I think a neat trick would be to get it on the back of my hand with UV ink (assuming there is one that glows yellow.) That way, it’s a lot closer to how Link has it in Ocarina. :stuck_out_tongue:

If I were to do a fandom tat, I’d get the Rebel Alliance symbol. In blue.

Pi Sign that really really really needs a touch up. Oh, what’s that, you want to see the others while we’re at it. The schnauzer* on my left forearm is only a few months old (but only a few hours old in the picture, it never bled or scabbed). The Zeppelin signs are about 7 or 8 years old, done by someone who shouldn’t have been tattooing in the first place and I shouldn’t have let him anywear near my back. Oh well, you live, you learn. In fact any Milwaukee dopers here may have heard of the place commonly reffered to as “Accidents in Ink.” I asked another place if they could re-do it and he said, “Well I could cover it up with like a bomb” Yea, I think we’ll leave it alone for now.

*I have two mini schnauzers the tattoo looks like one of them and if I stretch the skin out a little it looks like the other.
For other dopers here with nerdy tattoos, one of the reasons I got the dog tattoo is becuase I got tired of explaining my tattoos, if someone asks what it represents instead of talking to them for an hour about math and music I can just say “I have two schanuzers” and leave it at that. That’s also the reason my pi is on my back, if they don’t see it they don’t ask about it and I don’t have to explain it.