New 4 minute Captain America 2 trailer

Marvel Studios under Kevin Feige is just incredible.

I didn’t much care for Captain America in my comic book days, but after seeing the first movie on DVD, Marvel’s The Avengers, and these trailers, I am completely pumped for The Winter Soldier.

Unobtainiumderwear.

Cap listened to the advice Tony gave Hawkeye during the Battle of New York. :stuck_out_tongue:

“I understood that reference”

Thing is, how many Captain America movies do you think they’re going to make?
I’m guessing no more than three, max, with Chris Evans. If they don’t do it now, it might not get made.

Not to be a wet blanket, but the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier getting wrecked again? So far it’s been torn up in every movie it’s been in. At this rate it’ll be like the USS Enterprise – any time we want to excite the fan base, blow it up!

Ummm…“every movie it’s been in?” That would be a grand total of two, only one of which has been released.

Based on some shots in a previous trailer, there’s more than one of them.

He has peak human sphincter control.

Right, two for two. Can’t they think of something else to happen?

Plus, as a 90-something-year-old, he’s Dependable™.

To be fair, there’s not much you can do with a helicarrier than crash it.

I dunno. Think of it as a giant four-barreled Veg-O-Matic and toss the occasional villain, redshirt or Iron Man into it. Loads of cinematic fun.

Technically, the torso of Iron Man’s suit is a shade of red…

But there are several of them here. So it seems there is the main Helucarrier and then the bad guy launches a bunch more in his bid to take over Washington. Captain America and his group don’t have much choice other than grounding those things.

What do you mean, again? The helicarrier in The Avengers wasn’t wrecked. It got shot up a bit, and lost a couple of engines, but by the end of the film, it was still flying.

I’m expecting 3. The thing is, it just doesn’t make sense character-wise to resurrect him and then do this right away.

I mean, what are they going to do for the third one? Surely not the whole

Death of Captain America storyline. No way are they going to establish a character and then kill him off and put Bucky in.

What’s also going to be interesting is what names the helicarriers have. It’s an easy way to make a subtle (or not so subtle) statement in the film, and I can’t imagine the director passing such an opportunity by.

Zsofia - Why would they go there? They can milk the Civil War arc for at least three movies. Cap 3 will be some other story and then they will recast the part and take a break for a few years, letting the new Captain America show up in cameos until they are ready to do Civil War.

Do you seriously think they’re going to do Civil War? I’d be shocked. I mean, I guess it would be so far in the future that everybody’s recast, but I’d be surprised. (It’s the most public breakup ever!)

Hopefully gravity has been kind to her in her old age.