New "Machete" trailer

It’s like the violent version of “What Would You Do For A Klondike Bar!”

I’d kneecap the Dalai Lama to see this movie!

I’d machinegun a Girl Scout troop to see this movie!

I’d flamethrower a herd of baby seals to the trailer. Removed from YouTube at the behest of Fox.

To see the trailer, I mean.

I’d sodomize a pedophile priest, Hell, I’d sodomize the POPE to see this movie.

Fox News has an article on how this film is racist garbage made by racists who hate America.

The best line from the article:

“The film, which is set to be released Sept. 3, is produced by 20th Century Fox, a production company owned by Fox News’ parent company, News Corp.”

So News Corp are the racists who made Machete.
And News Corp is Fox News.

Therefore… Fox News is made up of racists.

Glad we cleared that up.

Here is the original trailer, in Lego. Who knew Trejo had his own Lego?

I’d accept Jesus into my life to see this movie!
And then I’d machete him!

I’d set off a nuclear weapon in the Vatican to see this movie.

You’re naive. You said it, not me. Just because a few Texas politicians have been capitalizing on the controversy over our recent SB1070 doesn’t mean that Texas is some beacon of Mexican/American unity. I’ve never done an in-depth comparison, but I’d wager that its history with Mexicans and Chicanos is far rockier than ours, if only because of its higher population. There’s a really good documentary that (I believe) PBS did, which was (I believe) narrated by Admiral Adama, about Hernandez V. Texas, and watching it would give you a decent primer on the historical problems with being a Mexican in Texas.

Ah, here it is. A Class Apart.

:shrug: I really have no idea, not having been to Arizona and for that matter out of the country for the past couple of years.

I am curious though: I’m sure it sucks to be a Mexican in poverty in any part of the country, but what is Arizona’s Hispanic middle and professional class like? ARe there Hispanics supporting Arizona’s new initiative?

In most parts of Texas AFAIK there’s not much issue with a community having Hispanic mayors, police chiefs, doctors and so on, and those folks self-identify as Texans and if anything tend to agree that illegal immigration hurts the community.

Not only that, but the kid who played Juni (Daryl Sabara) in the Spy Kids! movies is in this movie.

Thanks, that was awesome. “Thank you, Mrs. Henley” :smiley:

I’m not watching the preview. I don’t need to watch anything until I’m in the theater seat. Trejo + Rodriguez + Machete (just the name!) is good enough for me. Opening day, baby!

And, though I’m trying to keep away from spoilers, the IMDB message board has some messages that indicate that it’s going to really piss off right-wingers. Bonus!!

You’d have to be more specific. We don’t keep them in cages, if that’s what you mean. I know hispanic college professors, businessmen, politicians, real estate agents, etc.

Of course. My Uncle Jack is Mexican, and he supports it. (Of course, he lives in California :p.)

Again, just exactly how bad do you think the situation here is? It’s not ideal, for sure, I’ll be the first one to complain about that, but you’re making it sound like we’re an apartheid state.

“Opine” would be a better word here than “agree.” To quote one of my old hispanic college professors, and with apologies to my dear, dear Uncle Jack, there’s a Judas in every group.