New "Man Of Steel" Superman Movie Teaser trailer

‘Man of Steel’ trailers bring wise words from Superman’s two fathers – TWO VIDEOS

It just occured to me that, at two screenings of Dark Knight Rises, I saw both of the trailers, but didn’t register the different narration until now.

Interesting. Where have I heard that music before?

It’s from one of the LOTR movies. I forget which one.

I realize these are only teasers, but damn, they look like trailers from a freakin’ Terrence Malick film.

Really? A butterfly trapped in a swing chain? Oooh! Arty!

Yup. Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos

Interesting. The trailer I saw was the one with his earth father. Didn’t know there was a second narration.

According to YouTube, music of from Lord of the Rings.

It’s funny because both of Superman’s fathers had some of my favorite lines in the original movie.

Jor El: “They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you… my only son.”

Whoever is making this movie should read that line over and over again because I think that sums up Superman perfectly.

And this:

Pa Kent: “No! No, now you listen to me. When you first came to us, we thought that people would come and take you away because if they found out about the things you could do, well that worried us a lot. But then a man gets older and he thinks very differently better, starts to see things very clear. And there’s one thing I do know, son. And that is, you are here for a reason. I don’t know whose reason it is, or whatever the reason… maybe it’s… I don’t know… but I do know one thing: it’s not to score touchdowns.”

I can’t believe this but the act of finding those quotes so I could reproduce them accurately is making me miss my Dad…

He’s part of the NWO. Did you see him laying out those chemtrails? :eek:

Holy Cow, I thought the same thing. Caught it just before The Dark Knight Rises, along with a trailer for the new James Bond film - in which James Bond doesn’t do anything and nothing happens. So now Clark Kent’s the son of a trawlerman? Does this mean the film will have Aquaman in it, perhaps as his super-mentor?

…and that’s why I loved this trailer for Superman Retuns so much.

Seems like it could be cool. Its pretty close to impossible to make a good Superman movie, since the principal is so overpowered (the only good one, IMHO, is Supes II, where our hero loses his powers). At least this one looks like its trying something different.

Wait… the trailer clearly shows Superman with a beard. How does he shave?

and yet they were able to make good Thor and Hulk movies. and in the same movie too!

I’m kinda meh on the Avengers movies. But in anycase, they actually used the same device in Thor (Thor spends most of his movie hammerless and powerless). And the Hulk of course, is pretty limited in how he can use his powers.

Tradtionally with a polished piece of metal from his spaceship by focusing his heat vision on it and reflecting it to his beard.

FWIW I also thought the Trailer was a little arty and the images of sea fishing… confusing (in fact the kids behind me at the showing of the trailer during The Dark Knight Rises said, “Is this Aquaman?” until it became clear who it was.) but I thought the same for The Dark Knight Rises and was proven wrong so I will reserve judgement. Also the clip of Superman flying was pretty bad ass. :slight_smile:

Can any sufficiently high temperature burn off his hair, or just his own heat vision?

Superman’s hair and fingernails didn’t grow back in the 60’s when I was a regular comic book reader. Under the influence of red kryptonite they once did and I believe the combined power of Supergirl’s and Krypto’s heat vision burned the beard, hair and nails off at the end of the story.

Those trailers just beg - beg - for parodies. Youtube will be flooded with them for weeks.

Yep. I know the LOTR soundtracks really well, so I had to watch the trailer several times before actually being able to pay any attention to the narration. I just kept wondering where the crying hobbits were.