So the new Batman vs. Superman trailer has a huge spoiler [spoilers!]

Here’s the official one, but if you don’t want spoilers, scroll down:
Some reddit user edited the official one to remove the big spoiler, though you still sorta can make out “something” at the end but you can’t tell what it is.
more spoilers below
I have to say, I’m surprised they used Doomsday this early. They haven’t even established this version of Batman, Wonder Woman, Lex, and we all know Aquaman’s going to be in it too. Throwing in a guy who is most famous for killing Superman, a guy who you’ve really only had in one film, seems a little premature. I’m going to see the movie, it looks kinda awesome, but I wish they’d left out that little tidbit.

It reminds me of how they marketed the last Godzilla movie. You had almost no idea he was going to fight another monster or what it looked like. Even up until the premier, you didn’t really get a glimpse of the other monsters in the trailers and I think that was really well done. You come for Godzilla but you are pleasantly surprised he’s the good guy in a monster brawl. Here, if you watched the official trailer with all the spoilers, you pretty much know how all 3 acts of the movie will play out.

Hey, if you watched THE AVENGERS, you pretty much know that

where there’s a billionaire in body armor, a star-spangled combatant with a shield, and a caped god, there will be an enraged hulk.

I’m more excited about the movie after having seen that trailer.

I know that’s the general intent of trailers, but I’ve been pretty nonplussed about Batman v. Superman up until this point, and I grew up a DC guy. The Wonder Woman appearance at the end is pretty awesome.

The use of the spoilered character surprised me too, but the MCU has upped the ante so much, especially with The Avengers movies and what the MCU is heading toward, that DC kind of has to get that one out of the way before moving on to a Justice League movie (and who will likely be the Big Bad in that one).

Still not happy with the wholesale destruction of cityscapes (Man of Steel really went overboard with that, although I suppose that is a motivating factor for Bruce Wayne to be angry with Supes), but I’m otherwise looking forward to this one.

Eh… I’m back and forth on this.

I like Jesse Eisenberg and I thought his character was interesting but it certainly didn’t look like Luthor to me. Luthor seems to me a guy who is brooding and deliberate and Eisenberg’s portrayal made him seem like goofy and crazy. Guess we gotta filter all our villains through a Joker screen before we get them in the movie.

As for the spoilers, do we need to spoiler the trailer? Anyway, it seems to me that:

Luthor clones Zod which leads to Doomsday. That sounds like a waste seeing as how it makes Doomsday this tacked-on antagonist at the end and it chucks away all this backstory that he’s this Kryptonian clone developed and refined as a weapon. I think there’s a better way to use him and a better way to unify the heroes.

Other than that, I thought the heroes looked good. They had a few good lines. I hope this is better than Man of Steel.

This film has had waaaay too much hype, waaaay too early.

Which is too bad, since it looks mostly good, but I’m just not going to want to see it when it comes out due to all the attention so far. Hopefully that makes sense.

Is it really Doomsday? Doomsday didn’t have heat vision. It definitely looks like Doomsday, but maybe that’s just a red herring.

Maybe it’s actually a reimagining of Bizarro. Heck, it could even be Cyborg Superman. They’re playing fast and loose with the any origin story even if it is Doomsday.

I like the new trailer better than any of the previous bits I’ve seen for this one - we’ll see how well it holds out.

I want to know what Lex knows. In that scene with him introducing Bruce to Clark does he know who they are or is it dumb luck?

I have been jazzed for this movie and really liked the previous trailer. This one looks good too but it does reveal all the beats of the movie (it seems):

Batman already is wary of Superman
Lex uses this to manipulate them into fighting
Lex creates Doomsday
Doomsday forces Batman and Superman to work together
Wonder Woman joins the fun.

It’s kind of amazing how under wraps this has been. it comes out in three months.

ETA: it seems that in this Universe Doomsday is created using Zod’s corpse. At least that is strongly implied. I would bet the scene of Batman just barely escaping Heat vision is actually from Doomsday not Superman.

I got to see the new Batman v Superman film today!!!

Ok, it was just a trailer but it may as well have been the entire film, it told me basically everything thats going to happen. Sure, maybe you think it didn’t, but I’m comfortable betting that come the films release it will pan out just as it did in the trailer.

I had been looking forward to this because I thought the use of Affleck signified that this would be a slightly different type of film, I was looking forward to the older and wiser detective Batman taking an arrogant Superman down a few pegs and teaching a few lessons along the way. There was a lot could have been done in that setting but nope, they will become aware of each other, they will fight, then they will come together to battle a common enemy and make some new friends along the way. And its been done before.

I don’t understand people complaining that they thought the movie would be all about a battle between Batman and Superman. The second half of the title is “Dawn of Justice” so it seemed pretty obvious they would start working together at some point in the movie.

I didn’t like the trailer for other reasons, mostly because I’m now convinced the movie will be a piece of crap. It looks like Snyder is going even more over the top with ridiculous CGI, Eisenberg looks like he’s trying for the Joker instead of Lex Luthor, Affleck looks as bad as everyone feared, and the dialog is painful. “Is she with you?” “I thought she was with you.” Ugh.

At least Wonder Woman looks good.

Apparently Hollywood decided Lex Luthor needs some of Heath Ledger’s “Joker” DNA… because… well… just because.

So now we have top of the food chain uber villain Lex Luthor as a fey, whimsical, social butterfly, evil genius chatterbox.

Jesus Christ.

At this point, I’ll be seeing the movie just for the footage deleted from the trailer.

Is that who you think it is? I’ve not followed the comics, but it doesn’t look like that entity to me.

It’s not who he thinks it is, it’s who it is.

It’s the character we deserve, but not the character we need right now.

How can I put this?

Unless you’re a current or former comic book geek, you have no idea who or what a ‘Doomsday’ is. Nor does it really ‘spoil’ anything. There’s a monster villain in it. So what?

Here’s what I don’t get about the film. It’s billed as a titanic conflict. On the one side we have Superman, who could pick up and toss skyscrapers, hell, who could lift the entire planet and take it somewhere else, who is invulnerable save for kryptonite, who is faster than anything in the Universe except possibly light … On the other we have a well-trained man in a bat costume and armor.

Am I missing something here?

Don’t forget the woman with the invisible plane (and mostly invisible outfit).

I dunno. He’ll have to work pretty hard to be sillier than Gene Hackman.