New Nissan song

What is the name of the song used in the Nissan ad? It doesn’t have any lyrics except “woohoo!” I think I’ve heard it before but I just can’t place it.

Most probably it’s Song #2 by Blur. That’s the only song I can think of like that, though I haven’t seen the commercial.

Thanks–checked out a sample on cdnow—that’s the one.

The lyrics are about as deep as an Arkansas gene pool:

[quote]

I got my head checked
By a jumbo chick (or is it jumbo Czech)
It wasn’t easy

[chorus]
WHOO-HOO
When I lie in the middle
WHOO-HOO
And I feel heavy-metal
WHOO-HOO
Well I’m fine and I’m easy? (not sure on this line)
And all of the times that I’ve ever been pleased meet you? (A bit garbled here too)
Pleased to meet you.

I got my head dumb
When I was young
It’s not my problem

(chorus)
(bridge)
(chorus)
(end of song)

[quote]

I’m pretty sure that’s the whole song. I’m quoting from memory, and I indicated all the spots where I wasn’t sure of the lyrics. Perhaps someone could correct me where I was wrong?

The song is named “Song #2” by the band Blur. They’re sort of a 1-hit wonder, and the song has been liscenced for use by every company and for every product ever invented. It’s as close to a ubiquitous, omnipresent song I have heard in years. I seriously have a harder time thinking of places where I HAVEN’T heard the song. Blur has come upon the way to rock music riches: Write one catchy tune, and liscence the shit out of it. Sit back and collect the cash. Much easier than waiting for royalties from record sales, if you ask me.

For the record, despite the fact that its EVERYWHERE, I kinda like the song. It’s in my computer’s MP3 playlist, and I enjoy hearing it when it comes up there. But enough with the advertising lately!

I guess I have been REALLY misinterpretting the lyrics on that song. For the record, it is HARD to understand, but here are the full lyrics from some random lyrics website:

As you can see, I wasn’t THAT far off, and I’m not sure there’s much to the song other than randomly placed phrases that sound neat together and rhyme kinda well.