New Rumor About SW Episodes 7-9

Have you seen the updated scenes?

He can be reanimated as a glowing astral projection.

Having already seen the THX cut in question (Cervaise and I can swap notes), I can confirm at least this rumor isn’t true… :wink:

Thanks Tuckerfan, for making me spray coffee out my nose.
Best laugh of the morning :slight_smile:

With luck, if Lucas annouces he’s really doing it, someone will just kill him. The way things are going, though, there may be an awful lot of shooters and stabbers on the scene. :wink:

Well, no. That’s why I’m going.

I’ve heard rumors that the thing is Bespin-ized all to hell, and that it’s less a director’s cut and more a director’s evisceration, but I gotta see for myself.

Murder on the Dantooine Express?

I gotta wonder what it is about directors from this era that makes them want to revisit their early masterpieces and fuck them all to hell. Lucas and Coppola were classmates who sometimes can’t leave well enough alone. I wonder if they both learned this together in film school. Like Apocalpyse Now Redux, for instance. Frank, buddy, they have editors for a reason.

Lucas and Coppola were never classmates. They met on the set of Finian’s Rainbow.

I thought they both went to UCLA film school? (too lazy to look it up)

They did, but that doesn’t mean they were classmates. IIRC, Jim Morrison was there at about the same time, and sadly, I don’t think any of his influence rubbed off on Lucas.

Lucas attended film school at USC. Coppola got his MFA in film from UCLA.