New US$100 Notes (Again)

Oooh, and it’s all like, 3D and stuff.

Seriously, that was dramatic.

One thing we should do is color code our bills. I’ve lived in foreign countries and without exception, every denomination of their various monies was a different color.

And I’d like to see fewer dollar bills and more dollar coins. But that’s just me.

If you have a bunch of bills, and they all happen to be old, people are going to look at it suspiciously.

You’ll be able to get one for a hundred bucks :smiley:

A)No they won’t.
B)So don’t spend them all in one place. $100 here, $100 there…

But that’s the first thing people always say. At my store we get old money all the time, no one thinks twice about it. But even if they do look at it suspiciously, as long as it passes that store’s counterfeit test which is typically using a counterfeit marker and checking for a* strip they’ll take it.

*Most places check for ‘a’ strip. But the problem is if you bleach a smaller bill and reprint it, it’ll pass both those tests. In my store on fifty and one hundred dollar bills my employees are required to not only use the marker and check for the strip they they have to actually be able to read the strip. I’ve showed them fake bills that I’ve caught where the bill has a strip but it says “20” instead of “100” and the watermark doesn’t match.

I’m not trying to get in your grill man but every time I hear this argument I can’t help but roll my eyes. Is it really that difficult to distinguish the difference between a $1,$5,$10,$20 and $50?