Part of my job is to make that $600 price tag for the PS3 seem palatable.
[/QUOTE]
Keep trying.
I’d love to be able to beta the game (or at least, let my highly skilled younger brother take a crack at it) but I’m thinking the testers will be down in the U.S.–right?
[QUOTE=Pochacco]
Part of my job is to make that $600 price tag for the PS3 seem palatable.
[/QUOTE]
Huh. Good luck. Unless that thing is going to service me physically, as a prior PlayStation fanatic, please tell your bosses to get bent.
[QUOTE=fluiddruid]
Huh. Good luck. Unless that thing is going to service me physically, as a prior PlayStation fanatic, please tell your bosses to get bent.
[/QUOTE] That’s already been done … .
[QUOTE=Kythereia]
I’d love to be able to beta the game (or at least, let my highly skilled younger brother take a crack at it) but I’m thinking the testers will be down in the U.S.–right?
[/QUOTE]
Probably. It depends on the developer.
In twenty minutes I pitch it to my boss.
If he likes it, I pitch it to **his ** boss.
If they both like it, I pitch it to my boss’s boss’s boss.
If they all like it, we start looking for a developer.
We’re going to make a couple of tweaks to the concept art to give it a little distance from another title that’s already in pre-production and then pitch it to my boss’s boss Monday afternoon.
That’s the key pitch. If he likes it we can start approaching developers. If he hates it that will probably kill it right there. Wheee!
[QUOTE=Pochacco]
Hooray! My boss likes it!
[/QUOTE]
Congratulations!
Want an Esperanto translation? I did the subtitles for half of a movie last year, so it can’t be that difficult.
Will it be on the PC and Mac? "Cause I just got a Mac, and I’m prepared to put Windows XP or Vista on it as well.
Please tell me it won’t be only for Sony Playstation, on accounta because my friend just got a Wii instead of an anvil (seriously–he wants to learn blacksmithing, and he was outbid on the anvil at twice the price of the Wii–who would have thought that?), and I’m not too impressed with Sony lately: both the malware-on-audio-CDs thing last year, and the way they keep crippling their innovations.
Heh, I’ve been cooking up a few algorithmns to make rigged faces animate much more realistically when they speak… if you guys need that or any other linguistic consulation during your design cycle, I charge very reasonable rates for consulting.
[QUOTE=Sunspace]
Please tell me it won’t be only for Sony Playstation …
[/QUOTE]
Sorry … it’s for PS3 only. I work for Sony. Part of my job mandate is to try to make games to bring people to the platform.
Wow, this is incredibly intriguing… It’s great when a new game comes along that impresses people with its simplicity or innovation instead of just loads of photorealistic weaponry and explosions. Not that there’s anything wrong with weapons and explosions.
[QUOTE=T_SQUARE]
I would like to see a good flame thrower in a game. Also, some kind of harpoon gun. Is it too late to include these things?
[/QUOTE]
I will neither confirm nor deny the inclusion of mammoths, harpoon guns, flamethrowers, Jesus horses, space aliens, ninjas, zombies, cowboys, samurai or giant mechanical gorillas.