NFL 2006 Weekly Predictions

Week 2

Early Games
24 **EAGLES…3…**30 **Giants…**54 **34½…**G-Men bounce back; over.
43 **COLTS…13…**24 **Texans…**67 **46…**Mario Williams won’t help. Colts and the under.
28 **RAVENS…11½…**6 **Raiders…**34 **35½…**Can’t touch Oakland, so Ravens and under I guess.
34 **BENGALS…10½.**17 **Browns…**51 **41…**Bengals should cover. Over.
.6 **DOLPHINS…7…**16 **Bills…**22 **34½…**Billies and the over.
34 **BEARS…8½…**7 **Lions…**41 **46…**Lions keep it close. Way under.
13 **Panthers…2½.**16 **VIKINGS…**29 **45…**Home dog Vikings and the under.
14 **FALCONS…5½…**3 **Bucs…**17 **39½…**Falcons look good so far. Under.
34 **Saints…2…**27 **PACKERS…**61 **37½…**Ugh. Saints I guess, and an ill-advised over.
Late Games
13 **Rams…3…**20 **49ERS…**33 **36½…**Rams should cover easily. Way way over.
21 **SEAHAWKS…7…10 Cardinals31 **35…**Cards keep it close, and could win outright. Way over.
24 **Patriots…6…**17 **JETS…**41 **37…**J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! Over, pretty easily.
40 **CHARGERS…11½…**7 **Titans…**47 **42½…**Chargers all the way here. Under on a hunch.
.9 **BRONCOS…10½…**6 **Chiefs…**15 **48…**Broncos should cover. 48?! Way under.
Night Games
27 **COWBOYS…5½.**10 **Redskins.**37 **35…**Cowboys as Bledsoe rebounds. Over.
.9 **JAGUARS…Pk…**0 **Steelers…**9 **43…**Jags look tough so far. Under.

Spread Picker Picks
2 Browns Loss
2 Bucs Loss
2 Dolphins Loss
2 Giants WIN
2 Packers Loss
2 Panthers Loss
2 Patriots WIN
2 Raiders Loss
2 Texans Loss
2 Titans Loss

Looks like I was right to be skeptical of the spread picker this week. While it went an embarassing 2-8, I, like Omni, cleaned up with my picks. A staggering 15-3 started me off right in the early games, then some problems in the late games going 3-7, but I capped it off going a perfect 4-0 in the night games, for a heretofore inconceivable 22-10 on the week. 22-10! Wow. I’m guessing that’ll add up to some wins…

Early Games
Risk 55 to win 50 on a 3 team tease: Ravens giving 3½, Bengals giving 2½ and Bears giving ½

Not one of these games was ever in any doubt. If I had any balls at all, I would have included a 3-team parlay on the same teams to hit it big, but alas, the wus instinct won out. Up 50 after the early games.

Late Games
Risk 55 to win 50 on a 3 team tease: Cards getting 15, Chargers giving 3½ and Rams getting 5
Risk 30 to win 60 on both NFC West Overs

Ouch. I much prefer the utterly complete losing like the parlay on the overs, where no part of the bet even remotely had a chance to hit. The teaser, OTOH, pisses me off. Hitting two parts of the tease easily, and then missing the third by only a couple of points is quite annoying. Losing 85 in the afternoon drops me down to -35 total.

Sunday Night
Risk 30 to win 60 on the Cowboys & the Over

Nice parlay hit, even if the amount is a little girly. This brings me up to +25 net.

Monday Night
Risk 30 to win 60 on the Jags & the Under

Woohoo, up actual money for the first time in a very long time. The final 60 brings the week’s total up to +85. Nice.

Standings
This week: 22-10, +85
Season: 34-28, +90 (+45 per week)
Spread Picker: 2-8; Best Bets: N/A

Against the Spread
2-0 Bears
2-0 Bengals
2-0 Bills
2-0 Chargers
2-0 Colts
2-0 Falcons
2-0 49ers
2-0 Jaguars
2-0 Ravens
2-0 Saints
2-0 Vikings

1-1 Chiefs
1-1 Cowboys
1-1 Eagles
1-1 Giants
1-1 Jets
1-1 Lions
1-1 Patriots
1-1 Rams
1-1 Seahawks
1-1 Steelers

0-2 Broncos
0-2 Browns
0-2 Bucs
0-2 Cardinals
0-2 Dophins
0-2 Packers
0-2 Panthers
0-2 Raiders
0-2 Redskins
0-2 Texans
0-2 Titans

Quiet week, no one has any commentary I guess! After going 10-6 ATS and 12-4 on the O/U, plus 5-0 on the OMNI picks, I’ve got to pull together a first rate week to prove that it’s legit. Lets see how we’re looking.

Sunday, Sept. 24
BUFFALO 5½ N.Y. Jets 34½
Buffalo has been playing well and their defense is doing much better than expected, however they have also been hurt by injuries early this season. The Jets running game struggled to do much of anything however The Chad has looked awfully convincing off those surgeries. I really like McGahee to put up big numbers against this defense and I like Buffalo to put it together for a win but that spread looks bigger than it ought to be. The Bills played a little better game against the Pats than the Jets did and Miami is certainly better than the Titans, so based on recent history you have to like the Bills. I’m doubtful that Coles will suit up and I think Spikes will play. Advantage Bills again. I don’t like the thought of backing Losman over Pennington, but too many other factors tilt in the Bills favor here.

The Pick: Bills, Over

PITTSBURGH 2 Cincinnati 41½
After that thumping the Steelers took last week I’m more than a little surprised that the Bengals are underdogs here. Pitt is coming off a short week with a QB that’s still not a 100% against a team that’s been pretty much lights out. Plus Cincy has a serious grudge to avenge after that bogus playoff win last season. The game is at Heinz field which isn’t nothing, but I like the Bengals to get over here. The most notable thing I took from the MNF game was that Fred Taylor was a able apparently wear down the Steelers and gain yards in the second half of a tight fought game. Rudi is better with a better line and stronger passing attack to aid him. If CJ sits things might tighten up, but I’m going to bet he plays in this rivalry match up.

The Pick: Bengals, Over

INDIANAPOLIS 7 Jacksonville 44½
Damn, after that MNF showing they are still a TD dog? Did no one watch that game? The Steelers are favored and the Jags are big dogs….what am I missing? I realize that the Colts offense has looked terrific and they are at home, but this Jags defense look dominating and these teams historically play each other close. Combine this with the fact that the Colts are without a stud RB you’ve got to like the Jags to cover that spread. I wouldn’t bet them to win, but no way it’s not a close game.

The Pick: Jags, Under

MIAMI 11 Tennessee 36
What the fuck is that? Culpepper has looked like my mom playing QB and they are an 11 point fave? They’ve been almost as inept as the Titans have. I have no illusions that the Titans will get this victory with their line and QB issues but I’m not sure I trust the Dolphins to put together a full 4 quarters to win by two scores. On the flipside, I’ll be goddamned if I’m going to be caught dead putting money on the QB tandem of Kerry Collins and Vince Young, on the road no less. Screw it, let’s assume the oddsmakers know what the hell they are doing. Fills you with confidence, no?

The Pick: Dolphins, Under

Washington 4 HOUSTON 37½
I think the Redskins have to win this game more. Both teams are 0-2 but the Redskins expected to be much better than this. Clinton Portis will play finally and Mark Brunell will have no excuses for struggling against this defense. Frankly, taking this show on the road may benefit the Skins by getting them out from under some of that local pressure to live up to expectations. I’m pretty sure Samkon Gado is not the answer in Texas, that offense will struggle and turn the ball over about 4 times in this game.

The Pick: Redskins, Under

Chicago 3½ MINNESOTA 34½
I got burned last week but underestimating the Bears offense. I won’t do it again. That Lions defense is a good one and the Bears ran roughshod over it. The Vikings have a good defense as well, especially strong in the secondary unlike the Lions, and a little weak in the middle. For the Bears to dominate this team they’ll have to shift their gameplan and really make some hay on the ground between the tackles. The passing game to the tight ends will be crucial to spread that middle. It’s unlikely they will have as much success on the outside and over the top this week, but I’m ready to stop hedging my bets with Rex. On the flipside, this Vikings offense could be totally quited by the Bears. So far they’ve won a pair of close fought games with a slow, ball control passing game. Those WRs will have DBs hanging all over them and they’ll get popped in the mouth after each catch. Expect the alligator arms to return and expect Brad Johnson to spend some time counting the panels in the dome roof.

The Pick: Bears, Over

Carolina 3 TAMPA BAY 34½
A match up of 0-2 divisional opponents. Steve Smith will be on the field I suspect, finally, and we’ll find out if their difficulties are really all about his absence. I don’t think that’s all it is, they’ve not looked crisp and the play calling has been questionable. The uncertainty in the running game is difficult to explain, they’ve still got a good line and Foster was able to move the ball last season. Hell, even Goings was able to move the ball regularly in the past. Unless they are able to gain yardage on the ground they’ll struggle, with or without Steve Smith. On the other side, this Bucs defense has looked really inept. Bad tackling, slow pursuit and they’ve lost the turnover battle in every contest while playing two teams with historically iffy offenses. I’ve got no reason to expect Chris Simms to put it together this week either. I hate taking so many road teams, but I’d be pretty amazing if the Panthers laid another egg against this floundering team.

The Pick: Panthers, Under

DETROIT 6½ Green Bay 38
Which team is more hapless? The pathetic Favre led Packers or Roy “40 point” Williams and the Kitties? The Lions are still about 4 TDs short of that offensive outburst and Favre actually played a little better game last week. At the same time, the Packers offensive line is riddled with holes and has some injury concerns heading into this week. The Lions do indeed have a stout front four and it could give the Packers lots of trouble. Favre really seems to struggle against teams that play the cover-2 and the Lions are working it into their system. Of course it’s a pretty crummy version of it, but it’s there none the less. Neither team is likely to run the ball well, but I still am guessing there’ll be some point scored in this tilt. Favre will shoulder a heavy burden but the pressure up front will be too much for that passing game, he’ll get away with bad throws against this secondary keeping them in the game though. It’s a real stretch to take the Lions giving a TD but you have to do it here I think.

The Pick: Lions, Over

Baltimore 6½ CLEVELAND 33½
This game will probably look an awful lot like the Bucs-Ravens game. I expect the Ravens to dominate both sides of the ball and the Browns line won’t slow down the Ravens big boys much. As much as Winslow wants the coach to open things up the entire passing game is going to have to rely on Droughns being a threat to move the chains. This is a play action offense and with him getting nothing there won’t be any room for Frye to complete his passes. I do think the Browns can be effective and Charlie Frye has shown flashes of talent but they aren’t balanced or talented enough elsewhere to expect a victory here.

The Pick: Ravens, Over

ARIZONA 4½ St. Louis 44½
Divisional match-ups all over the place. I’m going back and forth on the Rams. I’m not sure they are for real. I picked them to fall to the Niners last week but that was more confidence in SF than doubt in STL. The game is in a dome, which may or may not help the Rams these days. The Rams secondary looked awful last week and they face a premiere passing game this week. I suspect the Rams defense will get scorched and the Cards will outscore them even if Steven Jackson has a big day.

The Pick: Cards, Over

SEATTLE 3½ N.Y. Giants 44
We’ll see if Deion Branch is a difference maker this week. The Gints have to fly cross country for a rematch of last season’s debacle. NY is off strong start and their offense seems to be performing at a higher level than the Seahawks right now, but the Seahawks homefield advantage is significant. They clicked into form last week and that inexperienced Giants secondary will have a tough test slowing down Hasselbeck and crew. Everything as always hinges on Alexander’s ability to get the job done. So far he’s been a little gimpy and the tandem the Giants are sporting is probably on par with that attack right now. This is a very even match but I’m going to lean towards homefield and the crowd noise disrupting a offensive line that’s not entirely meshing yet. Eli will play well, but I think the Giants make one too many mistakes to claim victory.

The Pick: Seahawks, Over

Philadelphia 6 SAN FRANCISCO 42
I’ve been liking the Niners this season, the strides that offense have made are simply amazing compared to last season. In the same breath I’ve been pimping McNabb and company’s return to dominance in the NFC East. Both have exceeded the average pundits expectations. The Eagles lost a really painful one last week and I think that loss will steel their resolve in the road tilt. I really don’t expect Reid to go into a cocoon with a lead again any time soon and the Niners secondary has some holes. Part of me thinks this will be a shoot out, but the Eagles defense will probably hold the score down just enough to make the under.

The Pick: Eagles, Under

NEW ENGLAND 7 Denver 39½
I really dislike what the Broncos have been doing here, but the Pats haven’t done anything to be a 7 point favorite either. I know Plummer is a real dog so far but last season he found his form after a slow start. The pressure from the rookie will either boost him or break him sooner than later. The Pats have played a couple cream puffs and get to try and extend their record to 3-0 at home. I don’t like the Pats this season and I know that the defections will eventually catch up to them but the schedule gods have been very kind. It’s worth noting that the Pats will be coming in with something to prove after last seasons playoff exit and getting even with Shanahan and crew will be very sweet. You know the fans will be feeling it in primetime too. I don’t have a strong logical reason for making this pick but until the Pats fall you have to back them.

The Pick: Pats, Under

Monday, Sept. 25
Atlanta 4 NEW ORLEANS 42
As much as I want this game to be the feel good story of the season for Saints fans, the Falcons have been down right lethal. The Saints have gotten off against a couple crummy teams with weak defenses, there’s nothing weak about the Falcons D. The Saints run defense has been very good so far, but Droughns and Ahman Green don’t have the same kind of support that the Falcons backfield has. Plus, it’s worth noting that Vick has tended to play pretty well when the spotlight is on. John Abraham will be badly missed, but I’m not sure it’s enough to turn the tide in the Saints favor. Brees won’t have to watch his backside as much. The Saints don’t have a guy on defense who can effectively shadow Vick and that’ll be the difference. Teams that succeed when Vick is clicking are teams with a superior LB who can pursue. No one fits that description in New Orleans this week.

The Pick: Falcons, Over

OMNI Picks: Falcons, Bears, Ravens, Redskins, Panthers

Week 3 Picks

1:00pm…**BILLS…5½…Jets…34½…**Jets may not win, but should be close. Over
1:00pm…**STEELERS…2…Bengals…41½…**Bengals continue the away trend. Under
1:00pm…**COLTS…7…Jags…44½…**Jags to win outright while keeping it under.
1:00pm…**DOLPHINS…11…Titans…36…**Titans keep it within 10, and it goes over.
1:00pm…**Redskins…4…TEXANS…37½…**Redskins should be ashamed of this spread. Under
1:00pm…**Bears…3½…VIKINGS…34½…**I’m drinking the Bears koolaid for now. Over
1:00pm…**Panthers…3…BUCS…34½…**Panthers can’t keep losing, right? Under
1:00pm…**LIONS…6½…Packers…38…**Packers should win outright. Over

4:05pm…**Ravens…6½…BROWNS…33½…**Ravens and the over.
4:15pm…**CARDS…4½…Rams…44½…**What happened to the Rams? Cards and the under.
4:15pm…**SEAHAWKS…3½…Giants…44…**Giants to win outright. Over.
4:15pm…**Eagles…6…49ERS…42…**Eagles should rebound. Under.

8:15pm…**PATRIOTS…7…Broncos…39½…**Patriots get some revenge. Over.
8:30pm…**Falcons…4…SAINTS…42…**Falcons too much for feel-good team. Over

Spread Picker Picks
4 Browns
2 Broncos
2 Cards
2 Eagles
2 Jets
2 Packers
2 Steelers

Hmmm. The spread picker does actually have a best bet this week, but I’m not sure how much I like the Browns against the Ravens. In addition to being the spread picker best bet, the Browns are also a home team underdog, so they seem to be a good bet. But…the Browns? Against the Ravens? Ugh.

I don’t see any particularly good straight bets or teases, so I’m gonna go with the big money system. If I hit three parlays in a row, I’ll be in the black all year long.

Early Games
Big Money: Risk 55 for 120 on the Colts and Redskins.

Late Games
Big Money: Risk 110 for 240 on the Ravens and Eagles.
Or else: Risk 55 for 50 on a 3-team tease: Ravens getting 1½, Giants getting 11½, Eagles getting 2.

Sunday Night
No action.

Monday Night
Big Money: Risk 330 for 720 on the Falcons & the Over.
Or else: Risk 30 for 60 on the Falcons & the Over.

Okay, I think I need to offer some clarification here. First, going against my normal MO of having action on all timeslots, I just hate the SNF game too much to risk anything.

As for the big money system, the idea is that you win 3 parlays in a row, betting all your winnings on the next one. As soon as one loses, you bail on it. So it goes like this:

Risk 55, win 120
Now risk 110 of that 120 to win 240
Now risk 330 of the combined 360 to win 720

If you hit all three, that’s 1080. Since you break even – actually you come out slightly ahead – if you hit the first one but lose either of the second two, there is a maximum risk of 55. The idea is to do this once a week, every week, as your normal strategy. If you lose all 17 weeks, you’d be down 935. But if you hit just once, it pays 1080, so you’d be up a couple hundred for the season minimum. And that’s assuming worst case, where you lost with your first bet all 16 non-winning weeks.

More likely, you’d hit a half dozen of the first bets in a season, plus hit the jackpot once or twice in a season, and end the season up between 500 and 1500. That’s quite an incentive.

The drawbacks are that when you lose the first bet, you are done for the week. That’s a dealbreaker. Also, it required nerves of steel. When my buddy and I first devised it, we tried it a couple times. One of them, we hit the first bet, then the second bet was the Sunday nighter. That game, we looked all but dead, but then a last minute FG got blocked and returned for a TD, covering the spread just barely. Knowing how ridiculously unlikely it is to cover in that situation, we both almost had heart attacks. The next day we pussed out and only risked 110 (instead of 330) on the Monday nighter, and that covered easily. We realized that we simply didn’t have the stones to play this system in a real way.

But if anyone out there does, I don’t see a downside to it.

NOTE: It is preferable to play the big money system in the afternoon and then the two night games, because you can’t call in the 4:00 action unless your 1:00 action has already covered. I’ll play it honest here, in that if one of the early games is in doubt past 4:00, I’ll bail.

You guy’s are all a bunch of lazy bastids. Just because everyone else’s team is battling for second place behind the Bears this season is no excuse to tune out completely. I understand the sensation of utter helplessness and all, but humor me.

These are my first this year, I’m only picking straight up at least until mid November when my workload lessons somewhat.

Chicago v. Minnesota

I’m not betting against the Bears
Pittsburgh v. Cincinnati

Ben, sure didn’t look 100% last week, I’m betting he ain’t ready this week either. Cincinnati
Buffalo v. NY Green

I haven’t seen the Bills play yet this year, but I figure when you don’t know go with the home team.

Carolina v. Tampa Bay

Let me see? At least Carolina has managed to find the end zone this season. Carolina.

Detroit v. Green Bay

I was so ready to write the Packers off for the rest of the season. Then they played a decent game last week. If this game was in Green Bay I might have called their number. Detroit breaks the winless season first.

Washington v. Houston

What the hell happened to the Skins? Last year it looked like they had it figured out. Houston

Indianapolis v. Jacksonville

I’m not looking for an Indy loss until the playoffs, or the Cincinnati game. Indy.

Miami v. Tennessee

I go nuthin. Miami (see above)

Baltimore v Cleveland

Ravens.

Arizona v. St. Louis

This could conceivably be a shoot out, but I don’t see it. Arizona can surely put numbers on the board, but so far the running game hasn’t really shown up. The thing is though, they probably won’t need it. Why? St. Louis offense seems to be out of sorts. Arizona.

Philadelphia v. San Francisco

<Unrepentant Niner fan> I really like the Niner’s chance for a upset here. The Niners offense has noticeably improved and that’s happened primarily with the trio of Smith-Gore-Bryant. Turner has barely even used two potentially explosive weapons: TEs Vernon Davis and Eric Johnson. He’s also called a pretty vanilla offense so far. I thin k this is the game he opens the playbook up. <UNF> Niners

Seattle v. NY Blue

This is another game I’m having a hard time choosing. But I expect the Giants to upset the cart in Seattle. Manning had a great week last week, and Tikki is looking better than Alexander. I a shoot out I’ll take a Manning over a Haselback. NY

New England v. Denver

I expect New England to start showing wear and tear this year. Not this game though. New England.

Atlanta v. New Orleans.

My last upset call. Don’t get me wrong I’m not knocking Atlanta. I just see the crowd carrying the Saints to a victory, in an emotional homecoming + Reggie Bush.

Rough round of early games ATS. I had a pretty good read on most games but those point spreads were just enough to bite me, especially the Bears and Panther games. Nailed most of the O/Us again.

How about my nailing the turnover count in the Washington-Texas game? Got to feel good about that.

Ellis Dee must be on the verge of hari-kari right now.

[qoute=OMNI]DETROIT 6½ Green Bay 38
Which team is more hapless? The pathetic Favre led Packers…

Blah,blah,blah, Favre sucks and should have retired and isn’t worth a damn and the Packers can never win a game this year and 800 other reasons Packers fans should call for Thompson’s head on a platter.

If you’re going to fail to quote the meth-addled bloggers in your picks, just drop the quotes.

2 weeks in a row Favre has shown he still has it. I won’t (yet) say the Pack has a shot at a ring this year, but can we stop with the washed-up shit? Seriously? Give the rookies some time to gel, the FA’s some time to mesh, the coaches to adjust.

Or should I give up the fight and just look to Eli and Rex as the future of the QB greats? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, a guy has to take what he can get. I will say this about your O/U’s. I’m taking notes. I noticed the pattern of picks last season, looking good again this year. I’ve yet to lay any cash on them, but I’m getting close to pulling the trigger.

If you keep this up, by week 7 I may be looking at the opening line through the filter of a site other then the SDMB.*

*I won’t mention the type of website. Probably worthy of a warning or ban around here. But I’ll still take it into consideration.

duffer, how drunk are you? That post was barely even English. Quotes, what quotes,? Bloggers, huh?

Favre killed me in FFL this week and he played well against a pathetic Lions secondary. This is the same secondary that yielded a 148 QB Rating, 4 TDs and almost 300 yards to Grossman and the Bears’ middling passing game so lets not start saying that Brett is back based on this performance. Ironically Roy Williams also had a huge game after I singled him out too.

Ellis’ picks ATS look pretty good this week, 5-2-1 in the early games and will almost certainly be 2-2 or better in the afternoon games.

Take a breath and realize I’m not insulting you.

It was more along the general line of Favre being washed-up/should have retired/will kill the team, etc. Gotta come to the defense of my team.
Don’t take it so personally. This is IMHO, and I was posting an opinion. If it was too harsh, I spologize. I’ll base future postings in this forum based on the lowest level of offensiveness.

And to answer your question, I’m not as drunk as will be after the next beer. Maybe that’s not the best answer, but it wasn’t a good question. :stuck_out_tongue:

Think I’m gonna be sick.

Come back and reread this in the morning. I wasn’t being defensive and I’m all about trash talk. I was just really confused by what you were saying in that first post. Between the coding getting mashed up and the references to me supposedly quoting bloggers I was quite perplexed.

And while I’m at it…the Bears are 3-0 overall and within the division. Whomp!

Ok next week I’m just throwing darts. I need a Saints win to break .500.

What now? My afternoon picks went 1-3 ATS, and none of the 3 were ever close. Unless you were taking my teaser spreads into account?

Speaking of which, did Tom Coughlin put a retarded monkey in charge of the PAT decisions? Jesus Christ, I was screaming for them to go for two on all of their first three touchdowns, but no, they didn’t even consider it. Send out the kicker.

But then they score a fouth touchdown to pull within twelve. TWELVE. So now I’m thinking, perfect, kick the PAT again and you won’t need two touchdowns; a FG will help. Wait, why is Eli holding up two fingers? Why is Eli still on the field? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?! So annoying from a pure football standpoint, and the fact that not kicking the PAT there was the ONLY thing that lost my tease was pure salt in the wound.

Stupid fuckers. At least the G-Men are really good coming out of the bye week…groan

Week 3

Early Games
20 **BILLS…5½.**28 **Jets…**48 **34½…**Jets may not win, but should be close. Over
20 **STEELERS…2…**28 **Bengals…**48 **41½…**Bengals continue the away trend. Under
21 **COLTS…7…**14 **Jags…**35 **44½…**Jags to win outright while keeping it under.
13 **DOLPHINS…11…**10 **Titans…**23 **36…**Titans keep it within 10, and it goes over.
31 **Redskins…4…**15 **TEXANS…**46 **37½…**Redskins should be ashamed of this spread. Under
19 **Bears…3½.**16 **VIKINGS…**35 **34½…**I’m drinking the Bears koolaid for now. Over
26 **Panthers…3…**24 **BUCS…**50 **34½…**Panthers can’t keep losing, right? Under
24 **LIONS…6½.**31 **Packers…**55 **38…**Packers should win outright. Over
Late Games
15 **Ravens…6½.**14 **BROWNS…**29 **33½…**Ravens and the over.
14 **CARDS…4½.**16 **Rams…**30 **44½…**What happened to the Rams? Cards and the under.
42 **SEAHAWKS…3½.**30 **Giants…**72 **44…**Giants to win outright. Over.
38 **Eagles…6…**24 **49ERS…**62 **42…**Eagles should rebound. Under.
Night Games
.7 **PATRIOTS…7…**17 **Broncos…**24 **39½…**Patriots get some revenge. Over.
.3 **Falcons…4…**23 **SAINTS…**26 **42…**Falcons too much for feel-good team. Over

Spread Picker Picks
4 Browns WIN
2 Broncos WIN
2 Cards Loss
2 Eagles WIN
2 Jets WIN
2 Packers WIN
2 Steelers Loss

Ha! I dissed the spread picker’s best bet, and then went against it in my picks. That’s almost a guarantee that it will cover, and sure enough, the Browns were all over that game. So while the spread picker went an nice 5-2, my picks tailed off from 9-6-1 in the early games down to 3-5 in the afternoon, finishing off with a dismal 0-4 in the night games. The combined 12-15-1 for the week doesn’t bode well for my action.

Early Games
Big Money: Risk 55 for 120 on the Colts and Redskins.

As I mentioned upthread, when one half of your parlay pushes, the remainder gets converted to a straight bet, which is what happened here when the Colts pushed. The Redskins were nice enough to cover, so I’m up 50. Also, since the Colts game was in doubt at 4:00, I was forced to bail on the big money system.

Late Games
Risk 55 for 50 on a 3-team tease: Ravens getting 1½, Giants getting 11½, Eagles getting 2.

Fucking Giants, god forbid you kick the PAT to bring it within 11 instead of missing the two pointer and leaving it at 12. sigh Losing 55 here puts me at -5 so far.

Sunday Night
No action.

Thankfully I avoided this game like the plague.

Monday Night
Risk 30 for 60 on the Falcons & the Over.

Wow, go Saints. I was so rooting for them despite my selection here. Best imaginary 30 bucks I ever threw away. Down 35 for the week, which really isn’t that bad.

Standings
This week: 12-15-1, -35
Season: 46-43-1, +55 (+18 per week)
Spread Picker: 7-10; Best Bets: 1-0

Against the Spread
3-0 Bengals
3-0 Saints
3-0 Vikings

2-0 Chargers
2-0-1 Colts
2-0-1 Jaguars

2-1 Bears
2-1 Bills
2-1 Eagles
2-1 Falcons
2-1 49ers
2-1 Jets
2-1 Rams
2-1 Ravens
2-1 Seahawks

1-1 Chiefs
1-1 Cowboys

1-2 Broncos
1-2 Browns
1-2 Bucs
1-2 Giants
1-2 Lions
1-2 Packers
1-2 Patriots
1-2 Redskins
1-2 Steelers
1-2 Titans

0-2 Raiders

0-3 Cardinals
0-3 Dolphins
0-3 Panthers
0-3 Texans

The Lions make my pee pee hurt.

I predict that the Steelers won’t lose.

I predict, nay guarantee, that the Steelers will not make the playoffs.

Care to make a little side wager, say, a nice bottle of Ireland’s finest?