NFL 2020: Week 13

How about: Jack and Jim Youngblood, of the Rams?

The Baker Mayfield worthy of having like 19 different commercials is making an appearance today.

Browns are totally cleaning the Titans’ clock. Didn’t see that coming.

Is Henry injured? I get that the Titans are getting stomped but you can’t throw away the best back in the league just because you’re down big time.

Henry might have injured himself slapping his own forehead after fumbling the ball leading quickly to a Browns TD.

People have been ragging on Baker this year, and he is inconsistent, but people don’t appreciate that most of the games we’ve played in this year have had bad weather. Rain, winds, freezing, it was definitely abnormally challenging. Also, Baker seems to understand when he needs to go into game manager mode and lean on the great run game. So while he hasn’t been lighting it up this year, just looking at his stats and thinking he sucks has been overblown and inaccurate.

That said, it does seem like you get bad Baker or good Baker at random sometimes.

Fun stat of the day: there have been 2 games this year where the quarterback threw for 4 TDs in one half. Baker Mayfield vs Tennesse and Baker Mayfield vs Cincinatti.

2020 has been a tough year but I would like to make it a little better by inviting all of you aboard the Cleveland Browns Bandwagon. I have the authority to do that. Sure, I could be exclusionary and elitist and be like blah blah I’ve faithfully followed this pile of shit for 20 years and try to gate keep this shit but nah, everyone is welcome. Sad sacks finally turning it around is a good story and I want Browns to be the real America’s Team.

Yup I’ve been rooting for the Browns. They are turning in the performance this year that I thought they would have last year.

So to maintain the “Browns can’t beat anyone good” narrative, after the Browns beat the Colts, suddenly the Colts were a bad team, so that the narrative was maintained. Sure, in other contexts, the Colts were still a good team, but in the context of the Browns beating them, bad team.

We’ll see the same happen with the Titans. Now that the Browns beat them, they’re a bad team, so the Browns still can’t beat a good team.

I thought the Browns might barely sneak into that third wildcard slot and probably be one and done, but now I’m thinking if you catch them on the right day they can beat some teams. They might even play the Titans again in the playoffs.

As a Chiefs fan, I will be rooting hard for the Browns in the last game of the season when they host the Steelers.

What a well designed play this was.

It seems so smooth that it must’ve been in the game plan, but the Titans tried a similar play earlier and failed so it almost seems a little cheeky in response.

The Browns are doing my Colts a favor by beating the hell out of the Titans. We have got to take advantage of this by holding on to beat the Texans. They have no business being within 4 points of us.

Yep.

I wonder how many sports trivia experts would get that one.

Kudos to the Lions for not quitting and coming back to beat the Bears. I honestly dont think they would have done that with Patricia.

And the Jets find a way to lose. Not surprising.

Six straight losses for the Bears. I imagine that the calls for the sacking of Nagy and Pace will intensify this week.

The Browns weren’t that good in the second half but good enough. I think it would be hard to say that the Browns win because the Titans were bad; the Browns certainly looked good and played hard (especially before the half).

I realize it’s still four games too early, but there surely needs to be an SDMB thread on “What Is the Worst NFL Team Ever?” because the 2020 Jets have got to be a “contender.”

You can’t just go by W-L, of course. It’s perfectlly plausible that a 1-15 or 2-14 team could be more oddly miserable than a winless team (the 2017 Browns were almost always competitive.)

Taysom Hill had a great game, aside from a single boneheaded play that resulted in a fumble. And the Saints D won the game, becoming the first team to clinch a playoff spot this season.

I was hoping that Vita Vea was one of them. As an homage to Vida Blue.