NFL 2022: Week Thirteen Ghosts

Some things I’m rooting for this weekend:

1. Jaguars/Lions to be a good game between two up and coming teams that both need a ton of help on the defensive front. I want to root for both of these franchises to recover from their horrible decision-making in the past. It is also so nice to be reminded, once again, that not only is Urban Meyer a horrible person and walking pile of hypocritical feces, but that he is a horrible coach NFL coach too.

2. In his first NFL snap in almost 2 years, Deshaun Watson tears his Achilles to shreds, never playing another snap of football. Right before disappearing into obscurity, he is intimidated by giant, physically imposing, famous, powerful men into giving them handies against his will. Jimmy Haslam then fucks off into obscurity with Watson. Antonio Brown then joins them.

3. I think I like Mike McDaniel alot. He seems like a genuine guy, who is very good at his job, and he’s not afraid to crack a joke or two. While I will shudder every time I’m forced to hear/see about their “perfect season”, I may be forced to root for the Dolphins.

4. It will be Mahomes or Allen, but, like last years’ Cooper Kupp, I really want the NFL MVP to be a non-QB for the first time in 10 years. Tyreek Hill has helped transform Tua. Justin Jefferson is a game changer. Hell, give me Travis Kelce, a one-man wrecking ball too. I’m rooting for those guys.

5. Bears/Packers. Go Pack Go!