And any announcer who point out the conditions will be slapped down by the NFL, ala Al Michaels and the camera wire kick.
I expect a greater than average number of injuries in that game.
Slacker.
Great, he’s on my office fantasy team. Deshaun Watson is available as a replacement. Should I grab him? I’ve never even heard of any of the other QBs still available. You all know that I don’t know football. “Who is Taylor Swift’s husband, he seems to be pretty good.”
The Browns are playing Carolina tomorrow, and while Carolina doesn’t seem that bad overall thanks to some promising play from Bryce Young, their defense is one of the worst in the NFL so far. So that might not be a bad pick, at least for this weekend.
#30 overall according to one article:
#12 passing defense but the absolute worst at the run. Watson might not be tossing the ball at will but if Cleveland can do some balanced play it might open up some opportunities.
I would not count on the Browns winning but it might be a high-scoring game for both teams. Just my guess.
Dart is indeed out for the season, so you need another quarterback before the slate of games start tomorrow.
Without knowing which quarterbacks are available, the best advice is to grab the highest-rated quarterback that you can. And hope for the best.
I added Deshaun Watson. He was the only starting quarterback available.
The 49ers game in Melbourne made me especially keen to stay up and watch the AFL Grand Final. I like watching Aussie footy anyway, but I’ve missed it live the kart couple of years. It was Friday night at 10:30 for me on the west cost, so not too late.
Incredible game with an insane finish. Worth finding the 4th quarter replay on YouTube.
Closely fought have throughout. I went in rooting for Brisbane but started pulling for Freemantle as they pulled ahead going for their first ever premiership. The end wasn’t quite 28-3, but close.
Browns defense has completely shut down Carolina but the refs keep giving them gift penalties. Not that they have many points at 3 but the game should be a pretty firm shutout.
Josh Allen looks potentially mortal in this game after completely dominating performances the first 2 weeks.
Jacksonville kicker Cam Little tried a 70 yard field goal (would be the record) and had enough distance but it fell about a yard and a half outside of the upright.
For some reason Seattle decided that this is the week to step on their own dicks repeatedly.
I can’t help but feel like Drew Locke would have won this game.
Uh oh
Seattle gave themselves a good chance but the defense couldn’t make it work. Such a weird game.
I can only hope they got their bad loss out of the way for the year.
I’m watching the Ravens/Cowboys game from Rio. Dallas took the opening kickoff and had a great drive going, with five straight running plays to set up a second-and-goal from the 1. Then they inexplicably tried a rollout pass, which was incomplete, and followed that up by allowing a sack. Had to settle for three.
49ers’ third play of the day:
“3rd & 12 at SF 18
(Shotgun) B.Purdy pass short left to M.Evans to SF 20 for 2 yards. Lateral to D.Samuel for 80 yards, TOUCHDOWN. E.Pineiro extra point is GOOD”
Kyle in his bag of tricks, and a 2021 vintage, in-shape Deebo running the hook and ladder to perfection.
Baltimore leading Dallas 24-13 late in the third quarter; now it’s time for one of the Ravens’ patented 4th quarter collapses.
I still feel like this should be called a hook and lateral. It’s a riff on “hook and ladder”, of course, but there’s no ladder, literal or metaphorical, that’s part of the play.
Or is this a semantic battle that’s already been lost?
And they immediately give up a touchdown, followed by failing to score after a 1st and 3. The new coaching staff apparently hasn’t fixed the choking issue.
One 4th down stop with goal to go at the Dallas 1, followed by a 40 yard pass play, and quite likely.
It’s hook and ladder, referencing firefighting equipment. The hook is the initial curl route; the ladder is the straight run by the second player, like he climbing a ladder.