NFL 2026-2027: Week 4

The best restaurants in England are Indian. That’s a different sport (and changed their name).

I forgot about that. That’s right; if it doesn’t go into the “landing zone” that’s a penalty and gives the Steelers a massive advantage. Squib kicks, to the extent anyone does them, are only legal on punts. (Well, onside kicks are still available which is sort of like a squib kick, but see my previous statement about those.)

49ers owner Jed York suspended six games and fined $500,000 for his Ohio trailer park tryst.

This might not be the end of the fallout. He’s going through a divorce, which could get messy and might (might) result in selling the team.

I’ve heard a lot of complaints about York, but then again the 49ers have been a really good team for the last handful of years. Not sure how much of that is due to York. So, I don’t know if him selling the team is a good or bad thing for the franchise.

I mean, what difference does it make when the owner is suspended from games (unless it’s Jerry Jones, of course)?

This seems as good a place as any to mention this.

Mike Tomlin, former Steelers coach, got into the game Minecraft through his kids. For those not familiar, the game allows you to build things.

Tomlin built a city. He’s been at it for like a dozen years. It is incredibly intricate and detailed (inside buildings he crafted things like fish tanks, and designed open floor plans). The city even has a stadium.

Very bad ass!

He apparently gave a 20 minute tour on YouTube.

Jed caught some flack in the Harbaugh years for wanting to be more directly involved in football decisions. (Front office stuff, not on-field.) The big thing was him firing Harbaugh and keeping Trent Baalke. I was fine with getting rid of Jim, he had worn out his welcome like he does everywhere, but keeping Baalke was disastrous.

Hell if I know. He can’t attend the games. Big whoop. The only question I have is is he allowed to be involved in decisions like trading for a high contract player.

My wife thinks it is cool and was showing our daughter who is into Minecraft. (Well, I am too though I haven’t played much in years.)

It’s pretty impressive what he has built.

It’s intended to be a punishment for him, not for the team. He presumably likes football and the team he owns, so not being able to attend 1/3 of their season is significant.

Here’s a wild idea that likely exists in some alternate universe: allow “punt” FG’s, where unlike dropkicks they don’t need to hit the ground first. Based on long punts like the above they could conceivably be made from 80+ yards. The tradeoff is that they will be much less accurate than a placekick, so only truly attempted in desperate situations with a LONG way to go. But it would be wild to have a game-winning punt made from a team’s own 30 yard line…

Well the punishment is fitting because that’s what Patriot owner Robert Kraft got for the same “transaction”.

NOT! Kraft got nothing, you know, except the “pleasurable release”. York didn’t even get that.

and then after Baalke ruined Niners, he certainly didn’t help the Jags, and now “consulting” with rowns

well, since Bojorquez just punted 71 air-yards, could be makeable

I’m more curious about the charges related to criminal tools. Soliciting prostitution is ordinary. Tacking on criminal tools charges for a guy with soft hands and fancy cars seems odd.

That’s just the cell phone.

Assuming you’re serious, American jurisprudence has totally taken leave of its senses.

“Criminal tools” has always been a slippery slope. Every tool is dual purpose; it’s the operator that makes it criminal or not. But historically you usually had to have a collection, and it /they had to be really inappropriate to any reasonable use in the circumstances you were found in. A mobile phone doesn’t ever fit that pattern.

If the new meaning is “could be used to commit a crime”, my pants qualify as criminal tools. Yours too.

He’s serious, and agreed, it’s ridiculous.

In Ohio, almost any object can count as a criminal tool if someone intends to use it for a crime. That includes cash meant to buy drugs, a flashlight meant for a burglary, or a screwdriver if the person has threatened by text to stab someone with it.

Agreed. It’s meaningless. This is like charging someone with possession of a deadly weapon because it’s possible to beat someone to death by stomping with your feet, or strangling with your hands.

Is the Bears/Jets game on Fox nationwide? Why am I (in Chicago-ish) seeing campaign ads for Ken Paxton?

I’m seeing Texans/Cowboys here in Kansas on Fox. I’m also seeing ads for Paxton, which makes some sense, as it’s two Texas teams playing.