NFL Conference Championships

Not a problem. Would have been nice to have him, but the Seahawks are ready to roll!

If New England runs the football like they did against the Indianapolis Colts they will wear down Denver’s defense and if the game is close the Patriot’s will be able to come back in the fourth quarter the same way the Chargers did, but New England is good enough to tie any game in the last 2 minutes.

Denver by three points in overtime vs New England

Remember Denver holds the kicking edge in Denver depending on the wind of course

The only reason I pick the Denver Broncos is because of this being Manning’s last AFC championship game and therefore I think he will go on to win the Super Bowl for MVP and retire at 39.

I can’t even pick Seattle or the 49ers just too close to call

Are you saying ANY game, or any game vs the Broncos in Denver?

Pats scored 13 points in last 30 seconds to beat the Browns in December… they scored, they scored a TD with 10 seconds left to beat the Saints by 3.

The 2013 version of the Patriots may not be the most consistent team, but they certainly are good enough to come back at the end of the game. Brady is pretty good at that. Manning almost as good.

Checks the defense

Omaha! Omaha!

audible don’t seem to work here.

So you’re saying that Manning is stealing Andy Dalton’s audibles?

In Denver I say New England is good enough to tie, but winning is not going to happen due to this is the Broncos back yard. That’s all I am saying, plus don’t forget the New England choke game with Miami?

Either of these teams are good enough to win anywhere. And yet, both are flawed and capable of losing anywhere. This is not a match up between two great teams. Their respective defenses are incapable of holding up against either of the opposing QBs. I like the Pats only because Belichick is better at exploiting flaws better than anyone.

Definitive statements like “not going to happen” is only asking for trouble. Flacco and the Ravens took out the Broncos last year in Mile High… the Broncos were 9+ point favorites. Patriots said the same thing before the Ravens took them down in Foxboro a week later. So, sh*t does happen even in one’s own backyard.

Yeah, I cannot nor will not predict a definitive win for either team as they are both situated to beat one another given past history with the QB’s, but I do think this game favors Denver. Not so much because they are at home but because NE’s offense is literally crippled by a dearth of talent and Denver’s defense is not terrible.

I’m going to go with Manning riding off into the sunset with a 35-31 victory. Denver builds an early lead and withstands a furious comeback at the end.

24 hours till kick off for the AFC game between Denver and New England

Here’s some news for NFC fans still too close to call for me:http://blogs.seattletimes.com/take2/2014/01/17/seahawks-49ers-most-of-national-media-picks-seattle-barely/

This:

Does not follow from this:

Oh, it’s going to be a good day of football today. I might as well make predictions like everybody else.

The first game, on the AFC side, is going to be lower scoring than everybody expects. The Broncos will win 27-23. It will be back and forth, but Denver will build an early lead, then match New England score for score. Peyton Manning will yell, “Omaha” before each of three kneeldowns.

In the real championship game, the 49ers will beat the Seahawks in a classic just as knockdown dragout as everyonee has predicted, but with a few more points than expected. San Francisco will temper the crowd noise with some early touchdowns, but will lose the lead in the fourth quarter before kicking a field goal late to win by two, 26-24.

I’m pulling for Denver, because Manning deserves another trip to the Super Bowl.

In the NFC, I’ve got to go with the Seahawks at home.

Apparently the league has instructed the officials to set the toneearly in the 49ers-Seahawks game. Wonder if that means we might see somebody get ejected this week…

Does anyone have stats on home teams in conference championships, esp. against the spread? It seems to me that home teams, as a whole, underperform in these games, at least in the last decade.

It could also be selective memory on my part.

Might as well put my 2 cents in. Denver to win 38-3, San Fransisco wins 24-21.

Sure, why not?

Patriots 30-24
Niners 17-16

Why “deserves?” Doesn’t Brady deserve another trip to the Super Bowl?

[Just trying to understand, I don’t have a favorite between these two teams and would happily watch the Seahawks beat either one in two weeks.]

Can’t answer the spread question, but the straight results are easy enough to find.

In the AFC, the home team is 7-3 over the last ten years. In the NFC, they’re 5-5 and the visitors have won the last 3.

Broncos 35-28
Seahawks 20-13

Absolutely not. (Not the Peyton necessarily does, but Brady has played in enough Super Bowls to fill any player’s bucket list twice over.)

Is it bad luck to be drinking a Sam Adams as a Broncos fan?