NFL Draft - 2021

Nope, it’s Lawrence, Wilson and Lance.

49ers take Trey Lance!

The Niners are in a good enough place with their roster that they can wait on Lance to develop on the bench, so the pick wont be as disastrous as the Jets or Jags if their picks dont live up to their draft position.

LSU alum/fan: I’d just say that J’marr Chase was my fave from 2019/20 and might be their best WR from that team by a hair, though obviously Justin Jefferson is proving his worth in the NFL already.

Having seen Alabama, as much as I love LSU WR’s, Bama’s probably got slightly better ones, and I have felt that Devonta Smith is all kinds of special. Waddle was recruited as a better athlete and playmaker, but Smith is like Jerry Rice in that he works his mother fucking ass off. He’s a smart receiver. He needs to bulk up a little, and I have no doubt, he will.

I see a lot of talk about Trevor Lawrence, and I agree he’s probably a first rounder, but I think Justin Fields is underrated. I think that, on the right team, and with the right mentor, Fields could be a stud.

I think Mac Jones, on the right team, is a sleeper pick, as is Justin Fields. I think Lawrence is probably slightly overrated. On the right team, with the right protection, with a good scheme and player development, yeah, Lawrence is a good choice. But if you think TL is going to be Peyton Manning and just dominate right out of the gate, I don’t see it.

BTW, I am not hearing a lot about defensive picks this year. Aren’t there some good LB’s or CB’s or DE’s?

I’m confused about the Panthers’ pick. They were rumored to be in talks to trade back. I think they could have gotten Horn further down the line.

Probably not. The very next pick was also a CB. Looks like they pulled the trigger at just the right time.

Maybe that[s why Dallas traded down. They were probably looking at either Horn or Surtain II, and with both of them gone, they felt they could trade down. That makes 3 teams that were looking at corner.

Bears trade up to 11. Picking Fields. I like it.

Have they picked him already? I’m watching live and Goodell is talking about COVID-19

The Patriots are now set to pick Mac Jones at 15 unless the Chargers or Vikings trade down. I wonder if there’s anyone else looking to trade up before the 15th pick.

Amazing. I’m actually kinda happy. Never thought Fields would be affordable.

Haven’t seen the full trade details but if it’s basically next years first, I like that deal.

WFT. But I kinda don’t see it happening.

Next year’s 1st and 5th, and this year’s 4th. A lot, but not bad for 10 spots to grab a QB.

Yeah. Don’t think anyone says we overpaid.

Pats go for Mac Jones at 15. I know nothing about him other than that he was on the list of Top 5 QBs in this class. (You can see how closely I’ve been following things this offseason).

I like this, too. The Bears are not the Alcatraz of the NFL; they’ll spend money and occasionally put a squad together. If Matt Nagy is the QB guru people say he can work with Fields, who’s underrated IMO

I thought Fields was a very promising QB but now he’s on the Bears, so he couldn’t be that great.

I like Fields, the player and the guy. I kinda wish he could take 2-3 years as an understudy behind someone like Wentz or another established QB.

I know we’re getting way ahead of ourselves here, but can you imagine the narratives if Fields is this year’s Mahomes?