NFL Predictions - Week 7 - The Carnage Continues

Hey you missed one:

Lions 9 at Bye Week 21. ( More non-game injuries convince Herr Ross that hard hitting practices might not be the way to go. Nah, no chance. )

What the hell? I just looked on sportingnews.com and saw that Germane Crowell broke his foot!! Probably out for 5-6 weeks!

That’s from http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/columns/psx/20001013/troyerencksnfcroundu.html

I am a foolish optimist about only two things in life: my chances with women and my beloved Cleveland Browns. I can not sit idly by and listen to someone say “Broncos 30, Browns 20, not as close at it looks” and NOT respond.
Here is MY prediction for this game:
Tim Couch will rebound (because he’s a future All-Pro) and throw 2 TD’s. Travis Prentice will run for 116 yards and 2 more TD’s. The Broncos will finally run out of half-decent running backs to stick behind that awesome line (it’s the LINE, not the BACKS with the Bronco’s) and the Browns will win 28-25. There. I’ve said it. Long may I live in infamy.

Lizard - I actually do like the Browns. I just don’t think they have what it takes to beat the Broncos at Mile High. Especially with 3/4 of their defensive back field banged up. But, yeah, you’re right about the offensive line of the Broncos. I could probably rush for a 100 yards behind that line.

Drain Bead - wow, career threatening? That kinda sucks. Though I was never a huge fan of Duce Staley and never considered him among the “elite” running backs of the NFL, I’ve always admired his effort and tenacity. I hope he can fight through it.

Hey, I’m no prophet, I just understand that having my players beat each other up in practice isn’t the best way to have them ready to beat up the other team on Sunday. Maybe I should coach the Lions.

Just FTR, I believe Darrell Green has been in the NFL for 17 years now. Last year I saw him pick up an interception while recovering from bronchitis. I had bronchitis right about then; I was delerious and unable to stand. All I could think was “but damn”…

I think this is Daryl’s 18th year in the NFL. He has at least one interception in each season. This year at training camp, he ran the fastest time in the 40. The man is a GOD.

And for once, Snyder did something right…he gave Daryl a 5 year contract, so he will retire the way he started. As a Redskin. A-freaking-men.

(And I get to see him tomorrow! WOOHOO!!!)

All I know is that the Minnesota Vikings are gonna kill the Bears.

Minnesota has so many weapons, much like St. Louis, such as: Culpepper, Moss, Carter, Smith. . .

GO VIKINGS!

The thank you card is in the mail Gazoo :wink: Looks like my prediction was right, your not going to win on field goals.

And no wonder, 1 yard line, 1st down, 2 timeouts, and they throw an interception. buhahahahah

Actual score: 28 - 16. Eerily close, but at least the Vikes covered the Gazoo spread.

Nope nope nope! I’ll send you a card, hon…keep picking against the Skins, since it seems to be working. :wink:

And FTR? NEITHER of these teams has a long ball anymore. I saw more 5 yard passes yesterday than I’ve ever seen in my life. Yeesh.

Rams report

Kurt Warner - 313 passing yards, 3 TD passes, 6th straight 300-yard passing day.

Marshall Faulk - 208 yards rushing, 286 total yards from scrimmage

Yesterday’s game marks the first time in history a team had a 300 yard passer and a 200 yard rusher in the same game.

NFL record of scoring 30 or more points 12 games in a row (regular season games)

The Rams are averaging - I repeat averaging - 43.4 points and 505 yards per game. So yesterday’s game (45 points and 529 yards) was actually just a little above average for the Rams offense.

Looking ahead, I see the Rams having problems with only 3 teams left in the schedule:
1.) vs the Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium. If it were in the TransWorld Dome, no problem, but Arrowhead is tough on visiting teams.
2.) vs Washington. (hey Gazoo, considering that they have a better record when you pick the 'Skins to lose, pick them to win this one for me, would ya?)
3.) vs Tampa Bay. They may only be 3-3 now, but memories of last year’s playoff defeat still lingers. They’ll want a piece of the Ram’s ass, especially if we’re going to have to face each other in the playoffs again this year.

No long ball, because it was the 4th ranked defense playing the 5th. They were all over each other. So I think it was just this game, though I am wondering about Brad. I want to see what George can do just out of curiosity.

But we still won, so all is good. :slight_smile:

Crunchy -

Ironically, the Rams game is one of the few I’m NOT too worried about for the Skins. Your defense is pitiful, so I’m guessing we could throw up some points. Especially if Fryar is back by then. (Of course, I’d feel MUCH better if Michael “Injury” Westbrook was still in uniform…)

However. The Redskins defense KICKS ASS right now. IIRC, the Rams haven’t faced a really good defense yet this year, with the possible exception of Denver. I think we could hold the Rams to 30 points or less. And if we can? Then we have a shot.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. I’m more worried about Washington playing Tennessee in a few weeks. Ack.

Modian -

But Johnson has NEVER been a long ball thrower. And right now, who the HELL would he throw to? Fryar’s hurt, Connell is acting like a moron (he should have been BENCHED last week), Reed is barely visible in the offense…

Sadly, without Westbrook, we don’t have a deep threat. And that doesn’t change if you bring in Jeff George. (Who should have never been signed, but that’s a whole 'nother rant of mine…)

WANTED: One defense, please apply 49ers, San Francisco California :frowning:

If the defense would just deem it neccesary to play for a couple of weeks the Niners would be in better shape. BTW, how come Favre can throw past the line of scrimmage :confused: ?

Hey, I hear you stuffinb. The Pack didn’t exactly shut down your Niners when they had a 14 point lead. With the way this season has gone, I actually expected the Niners to score on the last play of the game.

As for Favre throwing past the line, well…I’m just pretending I didn’t see that. I’ll take any break the Pack can get this year.

One note to the Niners receivers, though. Do not try the Lambeau Leap if you are not wearing green and gold. Surly Packer fans + Beer + rival player in stands = recipe for disaster.

Hey Smoke I must have been getting a beer or something, who jumped in the stands?

stuff, IIRC it was Stokes. Got pushed back out pretty quick, he got off easy, thats for sure.