NFL Week 12 - Turkey Day

Things did not improve much. All in all it was a crappy weekend for me. Didn’t get to watch any football at all on Thursday due to being in a no TV during the holiday household (never again!). Friday I managed to watch the first half of the Illini-Cincy game and seeing my alma mater get spanked, but had to leave to visit Mammoth Caves before the second half when things got really ugly. Sunday I spent all day in a car driving back and was only able to listen to the Colts game on the radio before stopping in West Lafayette to watch the Bears get absolutely spanked by the Vikes. I’m really starting to despise this team and I’m about to reverse field on talking myself into things being OK if Lovie stays. I didn’t get online at all before passing out last night, though I did manage to see most of the second half of the Steelers-Ravens game in between dozing, and when I check in this morning I see that I’m pretty much getting whipped in every league.

Football hasn’t been much fun for me for the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Stop handicapping yourself! Use your omniscience to make the picks. :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t been hearing that much OMG GREATEST GAME EVER JIZZ about tonight’s game like you hear so often, which is weird because this should be an epically good game.

Since no one’s mentioned it yet, the G-Men (6-5) looked like a deer in headlights for the entire game as Denver danced circles around them. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such an embarrassing performance by my team.

I don’t have a good feeling about our upcoming game against Dallas. They’re going to want blood since we spoiled Jerry Jones’ little party earlier in the season.

I blew my load during Pats-Colts. Got nothin’ left for this one.

Oh, I wouldn’t be too concerned. Dallas’ offense has become absolutely laughable of late (and that was before December collapse season even began), so hopefully the Giants’ D will be able to get back on track.

And Carr will do fine.

I have heard some of that “this week’s game of the century (Monday edition)” re: Pats at Saints. Here in Minnesota we’re looking at it as the best chance for the Vikings to have HFA.

If there’s not as much noise it’s because there’s no rivalry there and no back story. And really, not much urgency. Either way, the Saints are sure to win their division and the Pats will win theirs. OK, maybe the Saints only get one home game if they lose this one – and maybe Pats get a first round bye if they win – but that’s a lot of maybe for a mid-season game.

This week 12’s Saints are last season’s week 12 Cardinals:

Who has the tie breaker if the Saints lose to the Pats and then both Saints and Vikes win out? They’ll have the same conference record because they’ll both only have lost to an AFC team.

:smack:

Too much Vince Young on the brain. Obviously, I knew the Titans didn’t fly immediately back from Arizona to Tennessee to play the Steelers.

It would fall to strength of victory, meaning the win-loss percentage of the teams they beat. Not sure who would win that.

I think it would be based on strength of victory, which won’t be known until the end of the year.

Which would make the Vikings big fans of the Packers.

Here’s the SOV breakdown for the Saints and Vikings so far:

Saints wins:

Lions 2-9
Eagles 7-4
Bills 4-7
Jets 5-6
Giants 6-5
Dolphins 5-6
Falcons 6-5
Panthers 4-7
Rams 1-10
Bucs 1-10

for a collective total of 41 opponent wins

Vikings wins:

Browns 1-10
Lions 2-9
49ers 5-6
Packers 7-4
Rams 1-10
Ravens 6-5
Packers 7-4
Lions 2-9
Seahawks 4-7
Bears 4-7

39 wins

Edge so far goes to NO by 2.

Assuming the Saints lose tonight (big assumption) the remaining respective schedules are thus:

Saints:

Redskins 3-8
Falcons 6-5
Cowboys 8-3
Bucs 1-10
Panthers 4-7

Which would give them a minimum SOV total of 63
Vikings:

Cards 7-4
Bengals 8-3
Panthers 4-7
Bears 4-7
Giants 6-5

For a minimum SOV total of 68, advantage Vikes by 5 wins.
After crunching all the numbers, I am now convinced that it’s way too close to call. It could come down to the last week, and respective fans might find themselves with rooting interests in week 16 and 17 games that would otherwise be meaningless. Hell Vikings fans might have to root for the Packers.

Actually, that could even be more irritating for Packer fans. Imagine if they have to watch a game knowing that a Packer win would give Favre and the Vikings full ride HFA.

I don’t think it will come down to that. I’d bet my shirt that regardless of what happens tonight they will combine for at least one loss in Weeks 13-17.

I take it no one is watching the Saints punk the Pats tonight. What a snoozer.

These low-scoring defensive struggles just aren’t that thrilling. Would it kill one of these QBs to throw deep once in a while?

Each team has kicked a field goal. Ho hum.

The crowd hardly seems in it at all.

Glad the Bears weren’t interested in Sharper. He couldn’t have helped us at all…

Hope Mike Bell and Colston can get the score into the 50s before its over.

So…who’s going to beat these Saints? Anyone? Can Dallas match up against this offense?