NFL Week 12

The Saints/Cowboys result was pretty much a worst case scenario. The Saints win and so continue to hold down that valuable Wild Card spot… and yet Dallas shows enough that they’re now certainly better than their 3-8 record may indicate and they become a significant roadblock for the Eagles as the birds move toward a playoff spot. Not fun times.

I don’t think this is defensible, and I have to call homer on this one. Palmer has been really bad when it counts and has padded his mediocre stats with garbage time filler to where it comes out almost respectable. But anyone who has watched him play a lot this season knows he’s got 15 INTs and should have 20+. His splits tell the whole story.

When the Bengals are ahead or tied, he’s just 84 for 147 for 57.1% with 6 TD and 6 INT. Behind? 156 for 247 (63.2%) with 12 TD and 7 INT. You might say, “Look! He’s better when they need it!” Nope. Of those 247 attempts from behind in the game, only 82 came when the Bengals were behind by just 1-8 points. On those 82? 45.1% Comp, 2 TD 3 INT. That’s right, he’s gone 70% with 6 TD to 3 INT when the Bengals were behind between 9-16 points. He’s a garbage time scavenger. Maybe it isn’t all his fault, but he’s been really bad this season.

I couldn’t disagree with you more. Carson Palmer’s either lying about his shoulder or he’s the new Chad Pennington. He can’t throw the deep out or the deep ball effectively and the vast majority of his stats have come in garbage time. The idea this year was to load up against Cedric Benson and the running game and make Carson beat you… he can’t. Its time for a new coach and a new qb in Cincy… PAST time…

How can you really say what and who Jimmy Clausen is right now. Carolina is a disaster for far more reasons then him. Ironically Peter King had them 10-6 this year? So that shows how much the experts know.
The first thing is to get a coach and direction. They have so many other needs another rookie quarterback would be an insane decision…

If they played 3 quarters and eliminate the needless 4th, the Lions would be 5 wins 6 losses one tie.
That has to tell us something. conditioning?

This story has flown under the radar. It’s amazing to me that people aren’t more outraged and that McDaniels seems to be getting off scott free aside from a fine. Considering this is a repeat offense don’t the Broncos have to lose draft picks here?

23 games in a row the Browns have kept the opponent from scoring an opening drive TD. But they hadn’t faced the mighty Carolina Panthers.

It would be more significant if he had been winning. Someone who cheats and loses deserves to be laughed at, feeling outrage is overkill. It’s not like it cast doubt on the results of a half-decade of football, including 3 championships.

While I’m here, Buffalo looks hapless today. I am aware of what they did last week, but that was the Bengals. They’d better start trying to air it out now or this will get ugly. It’s not like they’ll see the ball much, with only one possession in the 1st Quarter.

Two personal fouls against the Falcons in just over a quarter. I didn’t expect that from them.

Come on Falcons, quit shooting yourselves in the foot.

ETA: Heh, awesome simulpost.

Here in Cincinnati, we COULD have gotten the Packers/Falcons showdown, or at least the Giants/Jags. Instead we have the Browns/Panthers.

Thanks, Fox! :mad:

Big break for the Birds. Let’s see if they can make it pay off.

Serious bitches! 3rd and 1 near the goal line, Hillis is wrecking them… and you pass?

Nice work Matty Ice.

They’re a good team. It’s going to come down to just a few plays. Rodgers’ fumble on the one. The [non]catch by Gonzo on 4th down. Missed tackles on the 3rd and 20 before that. It will be interesting to see what kind of adjustments the teams make at halftime.

It’s been a good game to watch, I think ultimately the lack of a running game will kill the Packers, both in this game and in the balance of the season. If Turner gets rolling to open the half it’ll be a long day for the Cheeseheads.

The Packers have made Rodgers their passing AND running game. It’s a gutsy call, but it seems a good reaction to the defense Atlanta is playing. Lets just hope he doesn’t lose his head. ETA: and by “let’s”, I mean me and Packer fans. I’m pretty sure I know what you’re rooting for. :slight_smile:

FFS there’s no way Carolina should be in this game. Give the ball to Hillis 25 times and the game is over.

You know what helps stop an offense. Tackling. Granted Turner and Snelling aren’t the easiest guys to tackle, but they gotta bring them down.

I was fucking 100% sure Delhomme had a pick 6 coming. The Browns are destroying the Panthers on the ground yet they’re throwing 70% of the time. This is retarded.

Hot fucking damn! Need a stop on D and get it to overtime.