NFL Week 13 - Fasten Your Tuque and Give 'er, eh?

Sorry if I swayed you, Darth, at the time I posted I had no idea the Ravens were without Troy Polamalu. Otherwise, I would have advised taking the Packers “D” at home. My bad.

The Ravens have done well enough without Palomalu for qute a while now.

Most PI calls ever tonight - most legit but not flagrant.

Just to be clear in case nobody got the (admittedly lame) joke: Ed Reed is the Polamalu of the Ratbirds defense, and he was listed as out, unbeknownst to me.

Interesting, if the playoffs were to start today, Green Bay would play Arizona at Arizona. Interesting, Green Bay also plays Arizona at Arizona in week 17. I wonder if the Pack would just stay here rather than flying back to Wisconsin? I’m sure this scenario has happened before, but I don’t remember it recently.

Arizona will probably not be playing for anything in the week 17 game, while Green Bay could still be fighting for their wild card spot. Arizona will be the #3 or #4 seed depending on what happens in the NFC East, so no first round bye. The Pack could be fighting it out with the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants for a wild card.

Aside from maybe the Aints, the Superbowl runs through the AFC…beeeatches.

The Cardinals would be a HUGE surprise to repeat as a SB team. Go Cardinals anyway, your record of futility is only matched historically by the team you deserve to play to entertain the masses…The Cincinnati Bengals, in the SuperBowl, for all the marbles…

That’s looking like a pretty big aside right now.

1. Jets @ Oakland in week 17 and in the wildcard round the next week. I honestly don’t remember if they stayed on the West coast. I kinda remember that they did, but I could be wrong. In any case, that wildcard game was the one where Jerry Rice went nuts and caught for like 200 yards. Stupid Jerry Rice.

The Raiders lost in week 17 and their nearest division rival won, meaning that week 17 matchup didn’t matter to the Raiders since they won the division anyway. Still, watching the Jets beat the Raiders to make the playoffs, and then lose to those same Raiders the very next week? Painful.

This Bengals fan will take all the asides offered under advisement.

Not your fault. I picked them too without knowing that. Ah well.