NFL Week 16

Jesus, the blatant favoritism the Packers are getting from the officials is getting digusting.

You know, that might be more convincing if you didn’t trot it out every week.

How 'bout those Giants?

Sebastian Janikowski just made a 61-yard field goal.

<lauging> You really don’t believe yourself when you say these things, right? You do know that it’s for effect? :stuck_out_tongue:

What I want to know is: do the Panthers really have two different teams that they drag out in some bizzare rotation? How else do we account for the fact that one week this team plays like awesome winners, the next they play like the Lions? :eek:

Nice to see the Brownies trying to play themselves out of a decent draft pick. :slight_smile:

And the Ravens and Steelers are knotted up so far. I’m really, really hoping they finish tied. :smiley:

Ah, good, Bengals touchdown with 2:00 to go. With any luck, might actually win the game. What is up with the Chiefs and their play against AFC North teams??

I think our division just isn’t as good as advertised.

Sadly possible.

Interception by the Bengals to seal the deal. :slight_smile:

And done.

Matt Hasselbeck threw four interceptions against the Packers today. I’m thinking that maybe Hasselbeck isn’t that good a quarterback, he might just have been another QB who shined under direct management of Holmgren.

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH

Saints blow a 17 point lead to lose in overtime, 20-17. Defense was as loose as an 80 year old hooker. Offense shot their wad by midway through the 2nd quarter.

Somebody tell me again why we dumped John Karney for the kid that missed the game winner today?

Ah, Bengals. Making my life miserable and my fingernails non-existent until the bitter end!

breaks out AFCN Champs hat

I hate to admit it but the Bengals look like a legitimate playoff team. I don’t think they can beat the Colts but they are good enough to do some damage, especially if the corners make some plays. The Steelers and Ravens both are lacking in too many areas to do anything even if they do make the playoffs.

Its all going to hinge on a few things. One of the biggest factors is the return of injured starters on defense. We’ve already lost Antwan Odom and Roy Williams for the year, and now we are without Rey Maualuga (for an unknown time, depending on injury status), Chris Crocker (our other starting safety besides Williams) and Domata Peko. Peko and Crocker should be back next week (or perhaps we rest them against the Jets if no seedings are at stake), but we need Rey back for the playoffs.

The other major factor is the offense’s seeming ineptitude at scoring. We can move the ball around pretty well inside the 20’s, but we have been settling for way too many FG’s lately in the redzone.

I also agree about our starting corners. I think they are the best tandem in the league.

Palmer’s numbers have been pretty anaemic of late. What’s up with that?

Jerome Harrison got 39 carries this week. I’m ok with that.

He was also playing special teams, blocking on returns and possibly other duties. I’m not cool with that.

39 carries is an abnormally huge work load - but fine. But you also give your starting RB double a normal amount of carries AND put him on special teams? I think you may be trying to break him on purpose, in a misguided attempt to try to prove you were right for letting him sit on the bench all year.

Fucking stupid - he’s inactive or gets less than 5 carries a game most of the year, then he proves how good he is - so you attempt to get him killed by suddenly upping his workload by about 10 times? Fantastic coaching there dickhole.

I was wondering that too. He seems to be overthrowing guys a lot. This late in the season there shouldn’t be huge timing issues with the receivers. Compensating for an undisclosed injury perhaps? Just a WAG.

Props to the Raiders special teams unit by the way. They managed to shut Cribbs down - mostly by good direcitonal kicking away from him, but also through good coverage units. A 61 yard field goal too.

I’m not watching the game but stat tracker has a few passes from a “C. Painter” on the Colts. Did they sit Manning on a close game?

If so, fuck that franchise. They have a chance to make history and they toss it aside for no good reason. What a bunch of fucking pussies who deserve their early playoff exits year after year when they make this same mistake over and over.

nfl.com says starters sit after Manning hits 50,000 yds. passing milestone

Oh, so it’s important that he hits his arbitrary record … which he’d hit next time he started anyway… but going for an extremely rare perfect season just isn’t worth the effort. Gah, what blatant cockmunchery.

What cowardly, gutless football.

More Mercury Morris. Thanks for nothing.

The Steelers are not win-and-in. Fuck the Colts.

Caldwell did EVERYBODY wrong this weekend.