NFL - Week 3

Mission accomplished.

Am I a bad person for being a bit happy that a QB who refuses to protect themselves and takes a unnecessary hit on a run ends up getting injured?

Are you talking about the one with the possible torn ACL??

Is it possible that Mitch Trubisky isn’t just inexperienced, but is actually bad?

Wow that Saints-Falcons game was incredible (and very happy for Saints fans like me). If you didn’t see it, look for the highlights of Brees 1st (he had 2!) TD run. He made two defenders miss with a spin move and dove for the TD, at age 39.

Their offense looks great. Their defense does not. But if the D can just improve to mediocre (which it did last season after a rough first few games), then they’re definitely a serious contender this season.

Apparently if you run into the QB at all after he throws the ball you might get called, even if it’s just your momentum carrying you. I saw the Hawks get called for it and Prescott was mildly hit just after he let the ball go.

At this point I think fans just have to shrug and live with it. My expectation is that next year they will eliminate the sack as a legitimate play and you’re not allowed to touch the QB at all. Just get in his face and try to psych him out.

That would make sense if Smith didn’t still have the ball, nor Cousins be releasing it as Matthews made contact.

[Bears Fan]

I won’t say good or bad, because of inexperience. Thus far, he’s this generation’s Kyle Orton, success based on others’ performance, notably, the Bears’ defense. They could easily be 3-0, but even if so, none of that would be credited to him. He does just enough to not fuck it up to allow the defense to win. Today he overcame a 0-14 deficit, but against a shitty Cards team, so that’s not much of a measure. McMahon is a Super Bowl winning QB, but even the most obnoxious Bears fan realizes I could have QB’d the Bears to the title that year. Trubisky is not a SB winning QB, but he’s at least good enough to make Bears football enjoyable. It’s early in his second year; let’s at least give it a little time.

Hey, Lions actually have a good night against the evil Patriot empire. Too bad all the fans worried about the anthem and boycotting the NFL missed it.

Eh, I think it’s more the expectation they have for their team than any social-political understanding they have. Sell-out next home game guaranteed.

I’d be more choked up about it if it wasn’t PreFabio getting the calls – he’s usually pretty good for getting a handful of punk roughing the passer penalties a year. That being said, pass rushers now have to figure out a way to hit the QB and take him down without putting their body on top of his or hitting late. It almost seems like Matthews is the “test case” seeing as how he’s getting the calls now but this is the Aaron Rodgers Rule, which adds a bit of irony to the whole shebang.

Yeah, so far he’s played like an athletic and decent QB who just doesn’t have enough experience yet. Not great but not entirely terrible either. He came in without a lot of college starts, replaced the Human Turnover Machine Mike Glennon last year in week 5, and is transitioning from John Fox’s older style offense to Matt Nagy’s. There’s going to be some growing pains, I think, but I also think he’ll get better as the season progresses. It wouldn’t hurt to have Nagy be a little smarter with the play calling as well (feed Jordan the ball, use some play action, etc).

You mean the non-contact ACL tear where the knee buckled under a QB that left him unable to protect himself for a hit that came afterwards?

Is it possible Josh Allen is just inexperienced, but is actually good?

I don’t know the answer but I’m more hopeful than I was last week.

The one where he planted his left foot to cut back toward the field instead of running out of bounds? Yeah, that one.

But yes, I realize now, it’s a shitty thing for me to think. I apologize.

That defense is as bad as Ole Miss this year. And probably couldn’t stop Bama, either.

Chiefs-Saints for the Super Bowl. Final score, 77-70 Chiefs, because Brees is too old to get 11 touchdowns.

Why is Pete Morelli still a ref? Both he and his crews have been awful for years.

You know, I wanted to watch the Steelers play the Buccaneers, not the refs call roughing the passer every third drop back.

There’s the Ryan Fitzparick I know and love.

That you, Joey?
mmm