NFL - Week 3

Quick, name that last pre-2018 RTP called on Matthews.

I think it’s fucking hilarious. Packer fans (and the national media) were so apoplectic about Anthony Barr’s tackle of Rodgers last year, this is just desserts. They got their way and now they are suffering from it.

I’m trying to look on the bright side, but I’m getting discouraged. The comparison to Orton is absurd, but he really needs to start picking it up. There are easy excuses…limited time in Nagy’s system, limited pre-season action, limited career starts, no WRs in 2017 & all new WRs in 2018, no AR12 in the preseason…but he really doesn’t seem to be progressing. He has happy feet and his downfield accuracy has been poor, which was supposed to be an asset of his and the reason he was the drafted first in that class. There frankly haven’t even been as many flashes as you’d expect.

I actually think some of the problem is with Nagy. He is acting a bit like a rookie HC/playcaller. Too many gimmicks. He’s not using Howard/Cohen the right way and think the OL is having issues with the blocking schemes. Too many east-west plays and not enough north-south stuff allowing defenses to stack the box and clamp down on the flats. It’s possible that Trubisky is just not adapting to the new system and Nagy is trying to bring him along slowly. It’s really hard to throw downfield when your only chance to do so is on 3rd and 12, you need a build a rhythm and that’s not happening.

Perhaps the craziest thing I’ve seen so far this season…Nagy chose to attack Patrick Peterson all game long. I mean, that’s fucking stupid.

https://gfycat.com/InexperiencedUnkemptEchidna

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000240534/Clay-Matthews-late-hit-on-Colin-Kaepernick

I’m telling you, just put a damn flag on the QB. If he’s in the pocket, pull the flag for a sack. If he’s a runner, you can tackle him.

As for Mahomes, I’m surprised how good he’s been. It’s no small thing for a young QB to be on a good team. If Mahomes was in Cleveland last year, he may very well have suffered the same fate as Deshone Kizer.

Thank you for reminding me that that game happened. :smiley:

Since you just link-bombed instead of looking it up - 2015.