NFL Week 6

Late as always

**Thursday
Philadelphia Eagles (-2.5) at New York Giants
**Sunday early
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Atlanta Falcons (-3.5)

Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals (-3)

Los Angeles Chargers (-1) at Cleveland Browns

Chicago Bears (-2) at Miami Dolphins

Seattle Seahawks (-2) vs. Oakland Raiders (in London)

Arizona Cardinals at Minnesota Vikings (-9.5)

Indianapolis Colts at New York Jets (-2.5)

Carolina Panthers at Washington Redskins (-2)

Buffalo Bills at Houston Texans (-8.5)

Sunday late

Los Angeles Rams (-6.5) at Denver Broncos

Jacksonville Jaguars (-2) at Dallas Cowboys

Baltimore Ravens (-2) at Tennessee Titans

**SNF
Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots (-3.5)

**MNF
**San Francisco 49ers at Green Bay Packers (-7.5)

If you listen very closely to the boos, you can hear “who drafts a RB in a qb-heavy draft with the #2 overall when your qb is old and washed up” but it’s subtle.

Now that we’re 7 years of mediocrity past his impressive 2011 post-season run, can we finally close the book on any possibility of Eli Manning ever being considered “elite”?

If he makes it into the HoF, it’ll be the biggest joke since Namath.

Imagine one of the other guys chatting up a woman, and she says, “You were backup for who?

If his name was Eli Smith, he’s have to buy a ticket to get into the football hall of fame. And no, he can’t use a Groupon discount!

Blech, Barkley is a once in a decade player. And no QB in the draft was better than a 70-30 gamble. Let Eli shit in his depends for another season since the dumb ass owner is married to him, and take Saquon and your top 3 pick chance at a QB pick next year. I hate the giants, for the record, but they lucked the fuck out when he fell to them.

It’s looking like the #1 overall pick next year will be a QB who has lots of toys to play with, and will either start the season opener or the first game after the bye, depending on if Eli retires in a huff.

That’s honestly your best result. My concern would be that the team is good enough to be drafting #5 overall or something and always miss the top prospect, in part because Barkley makes them good enough to win a few games.

As I said in the Week 5 thread, as a Bengals fan, I am far more worried about the remaining two games against the Browns than ANY game remaining against the Steelers. The Stealers are a known commodity. This iteration of the Browns has talent.

I shouldn’t be surprised. Everyone has been watching them stockpile good talent, especially on defense, for years now. That they seem organizationally and from a coaching standpoint to FINALLY be in a position to start winning every game they play with a young QB, they’re fucking pulling it off. Fuckers. Now I have to go back to hating the Browns instead of penciling in a “W” for two weeks out of the schedule.

Woop.

Nice that the Browns get the Clippers at home, since homefield is such a big deal in the east coast vs west coast battles. I like their chances.

You owe your very name of your favorite team to the former owner/coach of your team to the current owner/family that owns the Bengals!

Only in a Browns fan’s mind is “Modell” a good word.

I can’t even deal with that nonsense.

If this season continues down the path it’s heading, Eli could have a sub .500 winning percentage for his career. I know winning percentage isn’t an ideal stat to measure QB performance, but for a 15 year starter I think it definitely measures… something. Just seems remarkable to me that it’s possible the Giants will have lost more games than they’ve won with Manning under center.

Time for the Giants to tear down and rebuild around Barkley.

This is what you get when you listen to the fans. Eli should have been outed as a selfish player when he benched himself because Coach wanted to play the young guns at the end of a lost season.

Instead, a bunch of idiot fans jumped up and down about “disrespect” of their man Eli, and here we are. Enjoy your 3-13 record this year stuper-fans.

Chargers are giving a point to the Browns in Cleveland in a 1:00 game. Always bet against the West coast teams travelling East and playing at 1:00. I think the Browns will win and I don’t know when the last time they won 2 in a row was, but I’m sure the TV people will tell us.

Other than Barkley, the Giants looked really bad last night. OBJ is such a petulant three-year-old.

Well, the Giants did get Eli with the #1 overall pick despite drafting #4.

That’s not what happened, though. The fans wouldn’t have been so furious if they benched him for a young gun, whose name was Davis Webb. They were pissed that they benched him for Geno Smith, who was not a young gun and whose ability was already clearly measurable (and not good) by the many games he had started for the Jets.

Bench Eli during a lost season to see what the rookie they drafted can do? Yep, go for it. Bench Eli and then don’t play the young gun but instead the below-replacement-level journeyman because it “gives us the best chance to win”? Yeah, go fuck yourself.

Eli Manning stinks, is selfish, and is hurting his team. Last year, the Giants drafted very high, and the quarterback class was deep, but they made the mistake of firing their coach for benching Manning after Manning became a martyr, and they spent the draft pick on a running back.

Now, this year, they’re 1-5 yet again with Manning producing miserable stats. He is 4-18 in his last 22 games, and even his coach was seen yelling, “Throw the ball!”

I was just kidding around.